Do you know.......?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
What the heaviest thing known to us is ?
It is the material that would come from a Neutron Star.
A thimbleful of matter from a Neutron Star would weigh
74 BILLION TONS !
A neutron star with the same number of atoms as the sun may be less than five miles across !

That just hurts my brain trying to imagine a Thimble full of Neutron Star matter weighing that much !

A Blackhole is not made of matter .
A blackhole draws in all things an nothing within it's gravitational pull can escape it .
A blachole the size of your fist could suck Earth into and thru it but the blackhole itself does not weigh .

A blackhole draws in all things an nothing within it's gravitational pull can escape it .
A blachole the size of your fist could suck Earth into and thru it but the blackhole itself does not weigh .

So you think that a Black-hole has no Matter? It is in theory, more matter than one can imagine, density so great that it can not even let light escape it's gravitational pull, due to it's unfathomably matter.
I think?:laugh:
Open your mind!!

So you think that a Black-hole has no Matter? It is in theory, more matter than one can imagine, density so great that it can not even let light escape it's gravitational pull, due to it's unfathomably matter.
I think?:laugh:
Open your mind!!
It would be interesting to know the size of the singularity in a black hole. I don't think that has ever been addressed.

74 BILLION TONS !
A neutron star with the same number of atoms as the sun may be less than five miles across !

That just hurts my brain trying to imagine a Thimble full of Neutron Star matter weighing that much !

Thanks for the cool knowledge piece of the day Mr. Science Saiid.......

My daily tear away calendar is missing, so we'll be expecting a fact nugget from you every morning now :laugh:

Last edited:
Ok Bubba I have read some of your posts so I don't think I can properly discuss this field with you .
If Carl Sagan was behind me I may be a bit bolder but I defer to these links
:laugh:

87 FAQs about black holes from Ask the Astronomer - The Astronomy Cafe

What Is the Heaviest Thing in the Universe? | Big Site of Amazing Facts ©
What is the heaviest and largest thing in earth and universe respectively? - Yahoo! Answers

I was watching HD theater last night and that is what they said 'A Neutron Star' is the heaviest thing in the universe.

Wanna know what the heaviest thing in the world is ?
The Earth ! :rofl:
Lightest thing is a thought ! :laugh:

But it seems that there may still be open discussion on it as I also just found this :

Black Holes in Binary Systems

And after reading these my head hurts !

It is very confusing and just a bit past me :laugh:
Seems that while matter is drawn into black holes and cannot escape them the black hole itself is no longer matter.
A star collapses upon itself and once it reaches a certain point it becomes a Neutron Star .
With no other factors acting upon it it will stay a Neutron Star but if the correct outside conditions exist it can continue into a 'Event Horizon' collapsing even more and turning into a Black Hole at which time not even Light can escape it .
So far since the very definition of Black Holes is an object that cannot be seen the arguement of their existance still goes on !

With that I leave you with this :

I dated her once...............

74 BILLION TONS !

Thats heavy man !!

I dated her once...............

:laugh:

Hawking recently came out with new theory that Wormholes and Blackholes are uniquely related. He says if you travel thru a blackhole it is a passage to other side of galaxy as in a highway of sorts.
He believes this is how other superior races travel thru great distances without need for great speed.
???

Back