Disassemble and reassemble in NY

gixxer

Registered
Does anyone recommend anybody reputable to completely disassemble my 99' ultra low mileage(2,700 miles) busa in order to chrome out the frame and then re- assemble??? Also how much time and money should this cost?

Hopefully located in the NY tri- state area!!!

<!--EDIT|gixxer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135241978 -->

Dis-a-sem-ble, re-a-sem-ble?? Sorry, your avatar is playing with my mind
wow.gif

Its not hard to do and I'm sure I could help you with it... I'm up in CT. No not a pro, but I have ripped several bikes apart and put them together before. I guess you can leave me aas a last resort lol. be glad to help though

If you have any mechanical ability,it is worth doing yourself.
By the time you put it all back together,you will know every inch of her.

I did this with my very first Sportster to customize it.
The next bike I built from the ground up.

I was leaving myself as the last option. Im definitely mechanically inclined and I have the tools, its just the time Im missing.

Anyone have a realistic time frame it would take to re-assemble?

tear down would be max like 4-5 hours if we do it slowly and label all the bolts and ####. assembly would be cake once the motor is back in, thats probably the most difficult part. not too bad with 2 people though.

the disassembly is the easy part!!! What im looking to do is have it come back together as close to factory as possible

busa1.jpg

check frank at powerhouse he's on long island. his number is 631-491-6767 he works on mostly busas---where you at in queens im in nassau my busa is at his shop getting some winter work right now.

LOL- ive received a couple of PM's about the fender. It is a Suzuki piece, I bought when i picked up the bike new.

yeah powerhouse is the move. if i'm correct...thats the guy with the blown busa [blue and silver] met him down port jefferson couple years back. dont know him or his work personally but his busa was tight, and he owns the shop.

...but if it's custom paint you need... i just posted pics of busa skinz i have for sale. the pics are in the mechandise section.

yeah powerhouse is the move they got a really nice setup there separte dyno room with a monitor system so you can watch your bike being dynoed from the front desk on a tv monitor, without goin deaf... real class act there

A digital camera, a roll of masking tape and a black marker are the things to have when doing a R&R on a Busa frame. Take pics, lots of pics. Then review as needed. Don't remember how that wiring harness ran? Review the pics and see. Alot of our bikes are common sense when wrenching on, but there is alot of little crap to forget too.
smile.gif

Back