Color rite paint

badassbusaboy

Registered
Has anyone used color rite paint on there bike, and how is the match. I am looking to paint my front fender orange.:whistle:

x-mas 2009 703.jpg

I have but it's almost impossible to match that orange. It always comes out a shade darker for me,but I do be using the spray can.

I tried the candy sonoma red on Juli's katana and didnt do it right. But I am not a painter. 3 stage paint kicked my butt. :laugh:

08 orange is hard to get right.

I have used their 06 blue and 05 LE Gray.....blue was close...grey is off (not enough silvery/bue flakes in it too much black.

But I look at painted stuff alot for work and notice shades.

Time didnt permit me to properly spray the tank, but I did use their spray cans. You can kind of tell in the pics that the tank just isnt as flaky as the side panels

IMG_0103.jpg

Get the color-rite, it matches great just make sure you dont apply the base too wet. This is what makes your color darker. Their clear also helps the color match better. I dont know why, but it does. I never tries the rattle cans, good luck.

I bought 1/2 pint of the grey for the 09 grey/silver busa. Matched 100%. Very happy with the result:beerchug:

Don't use the cans. It will never match. Get the color rite that you spray from a spray gun and do it right. With a three stage a test panel is almost always a must. The amount of material that you put down on the base and how many coats of the candy will determine how good the match is. Get two small pieces of metal 12''x 12'' and put a light to medium coat of base on one and a med to heavy coat of base on the other. Then put one coat of the candy on all of both test panels. mask off 1/3 of each test panel and put a second coat of candy on the remaining 2/3 of each panel. Next mask off and additional 1/3 of each of the panels center and spray the remaining 1/3 with a 3rd coat of the candy. Now you have two test panels to use to match to your bike. A light base with 1 or 2 or 3 coats of candy and a heavier base with 1 or 2 or 3 coats of candy. One of the six test combos will match best so repeat that process for your bike. This takes more time but you will get the best match possible. Three stage paint matches depend too much on how much base and how many coats of candy you put on top to just guess. It's your bike. do it right and it will look perfect. Color rite does make good stuff. Good luck and take your time.:thumbsup:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly what he said. 1/2 pint is the smallest you can get thats not a spray can.

I painted The stripe in Violet's frame with Color-Rite rattle can. Pretty good match...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302672888.434081.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302672888.434081.jpg

I used the can to do my whole faring. Cant tell the diff.
You deff need to put at least 3 color coats to get the right
effect.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back