clutch question

corey anderson

Registered
I just bought a 2007 busa a year ago and i have always had to almost release the clutch fully just for it to engage and was wonder why that is?

How many miles are on the bike?
Are you the original owner?
Stock levers?

i posted same question months ago.. there was reply as to stack height of discs.. had removed mine to inspect but didnt know to measure. still have same issue.. havent pursued it. have cooling issue.. overflow tank plugged up.. bike over heated a tad and now smell coolant aka water wetter.. thinkin small pinhole in rad. notice white spots on left side of fairing where no cut frame slider comes out. mines an 06

I guess I need to make what I was saying clear. The levers are adjustable on the Gen II, I can't recall on the Gen I. I have pazzo levers and when I got my bike back from the shop recently it acted the same way and I noticed for some reason the mechanic had adjusted the lever. I moved it back to where I had it set and everything was alright. Probably not your issue but just a thought.

The lever on the gen I is adjustable also. however, there is usually not enough adjustment for the task the OP is trying to do.

Buy 5 thick steel drive plates. I would also buy a fresh set of springs. It would not hurt to have a spare gasket just in case.

Swap 4 or 5 original thin plates for the new thick plates and you should see the clutch return back near original specs.

That is the quick method. You really should check all the plates per the manual and set the stack height.

Search on clutch posts by me. I've listed the specs and part numbers in the past.

9300 miles, I'm the 2nd owner, stock lever is adjusted all of the way out
Before you do a butt load of work please adjust the lever all the way in and see if that fixes the issue. If not follow the professors guidance. He knows what he;s talking about and has given you some great advice.

Also, check the slave cylinder and front sprocket cover. If the cover is cracked, it will flex. Just squat down and pull the lever in and out, you can see if it flexes. Also, consider bleeding the clutch setup and getting new fluid in there, if you have some air, it can do the same thing.

corey anderson said:
Ok I mighty vacuum bled the clutch and it had lots of air in the line for some reason and that fixed it thanks a lot guys

That's what I was gonna tell ya to do, I'd still like credit for helping :laugh:

Back