Clutch mod or 2 stage lockup clutch

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Getting opinions on what to install for the strip?

Bike is mostly stock will be lowered and stretched with bolt on extensions from 4-6
Air shifter
Possible auto shifter
Soft shinko tire
May spray later but otherwise stock right now

Buddy of mine is wonderin he plans to make this a drag bike ANd wondered about doing just a clutch mod or do a nice 2 stage lockup clutch? he don't wana mess with the Mulit but is thinking the 2 stage would work nicer for lauching.

The guy weights in around 280 and i may run this bike also at 340 here

so lets here the opinions roll on mabey other add ons he should consider?

BDE clutch mod and cushion kit are ALL you need.
cool.gif

if you're not running big hp with a turbo or anything then just a clutch mod would be great.

YEah NJ He is he has big plans for the bike. he plans to do a 1397 down the road and big spray but he has a limited budget for right now and i think he wants to pick up some of the parts for down the road that might make things easier for him

clutch mods.

get that 60' perfected...so when power is added...then you'll have it down. i'm 8 over with an air shifter....and am having trouble breaking lower than 1.60's with a stock clutch.

I need to do the clutch mod also but i don't think that a lock up clutch is worth the money until you have big HP numbers. I make ok power and don't launch real hard and have had as good a 60ft time as 1.52 but most of the time is around 1.60's. Practice will make all the difference, i know i don't get enough. I have made at least 150 passes at the 1/8th with my stock clutch with no problems yet, just don't hot-lap it and let it cool down between passes.

Back