Cloaking

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
From CNN.com this morning:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Scientists say they are a step closer to developing materials that could render people and objects invisible. Researchers have demonstrated for the first time they were able to cloak three-dimensional objects using artificially engineered materials that redirect light around the objects. Previously, they only have been able to cloak very thin two-dimensional objects. The findings, by scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, are to be released later this week in the journals Nature and Science. The new work moves scientists a step closer to hiding people and objects from visible light, which could have broad applications, including military ones. People can see objects because they scatter the light that strikes them, reflecting some of it back to the eye. Cloaking uses materials, known as metamaterials, to deflect radar, light or other waves around an object. Metamaterials are mixtures of metal and circuit board materials such as ceramic, Teflon or fibre composite.

Unknown.jpeg

Saw this a few years ago... Check out nano-bot technology and military clothing...
guns.gif

So what is the difference between wearing a cape and wearing a cloak? Is it that superheros wear capes and villans wear the cloaks or am i reading too much in to this?

Sorry couldnt help it.
hijack.gif

nobody has a link for me? I'm looking into this sort of stuff but can't find a link on this. yet another hoax?

dang it! There goes MY patent. I'm working on a "Video" cloak for bikes but I can't say any more about purpose

Amazing what you can "invent" when you reverse engineer other civilizations' technology..

Right up there with CDs and circuit boards. We weren't anywhere near stuff like that and suddenly *POOF* hey look what we created!!

BF

This is Bad. I have a baaad feeling about this technology.

Back