chrome fork caps and chrome yoke cap

reiny

Registered
I'm in the process of buying some chrome fork caps and a chrome yoke cover cap.I just want to make sure the ones i get fit my bone stock 2006 busa.On some of the ones i found at extremekempy's it says that "you must have a lowered triple tree".
I cant see why but i just want to make sure i order the right ones.
Also any advice on where to buy tthem from?
thank-you in advance!

Hey dude, the fork caps only work on a lowering tree because you need the top of the forks to be exposed. I purchased the set about a month ago and they are the bomb. The yolk nut is threaded and will fit. But it is essential to have a lowering top clamp that exposes the forks... And you can bet any piece you get from extremekempy's is top notch. I've bought several products from him and he's good to deal with. Customer service is A#1. I would definitely recommend...

What bacharles said is correct. Bike doesn't have to be lowered, but the forks must be exposed. Have a set on mine and love 'em.

WOW! I can't believe nobody out there has thought to make some chrome caps to hide those "ugly" adjuster nuts on the stock busa triple clamp.It seems like something easy to maufacture and wud make the stock triple clamp look a lot cleaner!!
Anyone agree with me?

(reiny @ Mar. 11 2007,12:36) WOW! I can't believe nobody out there has thought to make some chrome caps to hide those "ugly" adjuster nuts on the stock busa triple clamp.It seems like something easy to maufacture and wud make the stock triple clamp look a lot cleaner!!
Anyone agree with me?
Well get to tooling, make them and sell them! Who knows you might get alot of sales. I know I would go for a set in black!!!

Get a lowering tree... I once seen a guy that cut out his stock tree and had covers on there, prolly to cover his sloppy cut job...

(reiny @ Mar. 11 2007,14:36) WOW! I can't believe nobody out there has thought to make some chrome caps to hide those "ugly" adjuster nuts on the stock busa triple clamp.It seems like something easy to maufacture and wud make the stock triple clamp look a lot cleaner!!
Anyone agree with me?
Evidently reiny, you didn't read my post or you are bi-polar...
crazy.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I have ordered some stuff from extreme kempy off ebay good seller here is my bike with spikes

Busa_012__Small_.jpg

(bacharles @ Mar. 13 2007,22:35)
(reiny @ Mar. 11 2007,14:36) WOW! I can't believe nobody out there has thought to make some chrome caps to hide those "ugly" adjuster nuts on the stock busa triple clamp.It seems like something easy to maufacture and wud make the stock triple clamp look a lot cleaner!!
Anyone agree with me?
Evidently reiny, you didn't read my post or you are bi-polar...  
crazy.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
Heh bacharles,read carefully......
i said bone stock triple clamp!!!!!!
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(bacharles @ Mar. 10 2007,13:41) Hey dude, the fork caps only work on a lowering tree because you need the top of the forks to be exposed.  I purchased the set about a month ago and they are the bomb.  The yolk nut is threaded and will fit.  But it is essential to have a lowering top clamp that exposes the forks...   And you can bet any piece you get from extremekempy's is top notch.  I've bought several products from him and he's good to deal with.  Customer service is A#1.  I would definitely recommend...
And this is the advice I gave you. The yolk nut will fit with either the stock or lowering triple tree. It just simply replaces, or at least the one I have, the stock nut.

Back