Christmas card Idea

rockadaous

mod-a-holic
Donating Member
Registered
what a great idea...sure it's not a new one, but it's a nice thing to do...

When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

:thumbsup:

we used to get stuff in the dirt all the time. It was addressed Any Soldier. I didn't see anything about this last year. If you can find a link big wall I'd appreciate it. I'll email the CC at Walter-reed

My mother sent me this the other day.....I just didn't have a second to post it up. Thanks for doing this!

Sorry, I don't recall where I heard that these cards weren't getting delivered to the soldiers. I sent a card this way last year and then heard that for some reason they weren't allowing them to get thru to the soldiers there. I will try to find something.

YOU CAN SEND CARDS TO THE TROOPS, JUST NOT AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS.

Send cards to:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

Letters must be post marked by Wed, December 10th 2008 or they will not be delivered.

Visit this link for more info and guidelines for what will be accepted and an explaination for why you can't send them to Walter Reed:
snopes.com: Holiday Mail for Heroes

Last edited:
This program is being taken care of by the American Red Cross. Please visit the link above for more options for sending packages etc.

Back