Changing Gearing

stangman_50

Registered
I have a 06 Busa Im puttin a 3in. Extended swingarm on. While I have it tore apart Id like to change the rear sprocket to a bigger one but dont know how many teeth to go for street. Anyone got any suggestions and also how many links will I need. I know I need 10 over on the 3in. longer swingarm but how many more for the bigger sprocket. Also what do I need to correct the speedo, sorry for so many questions Im new to the street scene, Thanks Gary

try the search engine first. but if you change you will need a speedo healer. I like the plus three sprocket.

just bought a new 06 busa am running in geaer changes really notchy 5th /6th gears tendency to find false neutral and sometimes takes two upshifts with gear lever to find theese gears sureley this abnormal and nothing to do with running in? plus am only getting 28 to gallon at running in ie max 5500 revs help......any comments/apreciated

Im just lookin for a little more gear for the street. Is going up 3 make much difference. If so what length chain will I need with the 3in. extended swingarm. I know with the stock sprocket I need a 122 link, how much more for the 43 tooth sprocket? Thanks Gary

It's all your preference everyone will have a different sprocket combo & opinion for example I settled on 16/44 combo & am very pleased for most its too much for the street.

Back