Busa bangs then chain is loose

busa46

Registered
Help... I put on swingarm extensions , installed new x-ring sdz chain, Ultra soft shinko and replaced sprockets with 17-44 Vortex sprockets. Made sure everything is tight and straight. When I launch the Bike it Pops or bangs hard and the chain gets loose. If I tighten it back up (1 - 1.25 Play) It will do the same thing. If i ride it normal i have no problems. If I leave the chain loose it still bangs but does not seem to get any looser.
If anyone has had this happen or has any Input I would appreciate it. Thanks
race.gif

Did you put the spacer back in the cush drive?

Is the wheel off center after it happens?

I am pretty sure that I did but that is something that i will double check. I am going to put the Clutch lock up Mod from MPS on this weekend, So I will check it then. Thanks

Had a buddy's 04 Busa do this..First it did it with the stk.chain..He ordered a new chain and put it on..This one did the same thing..We thought it had a bent shift shaft..He took it to the dealer to check about getting a new shift shaft..Sit there for about a month..They then put another chain and sprockets on the bike..It has done great ever since then..He has made many runs since then and has had no problem..Hope this helps..Still do not know why when he put the seconn new chain and sprockets on it did the same as the stk.chain..Be sure and put new sprockets on with the new chain

Back