Bike problems

turbo_02busa

Registered
I am in need of help I have a 02 busa with a Mr. Turbo kit on it. The bike will snap and pop when you give it full throttle then it will pull till 6000 rpms and then it will snap and pop till about 8000 rpms then it will scream. The FI light comes on all the time when this happens. You can just roll on the throttle slowly and it wont do it. The bike is only pushing 6 pounds of boost and the fuel pressure is fine under a load but just idiling around it jumps from 38 to 60. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do you have a begi type fmu on your system?Sounds like a fmu shim problem if the fuel pressure is jumping around that much at idle.I would check the fuel management unit,if that is the style you are running,it is a common problem if so.

If you lift the tank it should be mounted somewhere in front of the intake,(that is where mine is),it looks almost like a spaceship(round),made of billet aluminum,should have fuel lines and vacuum lines to it.Btw ,i have a ghetto kit on my bike,not sure if your kit uses the same style fuel management setup,but i see alot of them are using this style.

I think that is what mine has I was riging it last night and the fuel pressure was fine till I had been riding for about 30 min then it went to 30 lbs and when you got on it it would fall to 20 lbs. I let the bike cool off and the fuel went back up to normal. Could it be the pump going out. Also what kind of pump do I need. LPH The pump looks like one off a fuel injected mustang.

I'm no turbo guy but from reading posts here, there have been a number of people that have had to replace fuel pumps in 02 and new bikes... Sounds like it works fine while its cold but once the bike and the pump heat up it starts getting flaky on you... i'd suspect it...

It is possible that it is your fuel pump,being turbo,you should have an external fuel pump,looks like a bosch style pump?

My setup is a little different,my stock in-tank pump is gone and i have an external pump now that feeds the fuel rail,fmu,etc. Sorry,i cant be anymore helpful than this,it sounds as if mr turbo has a different setup than the ghetto or velocity kits

You may be also kinking the fuel lines when you let the tank down...Sounds like your not getting enough fuel in the high rpms...I'm not an expert on trubos but I have a velocity stage one...Was the bike running good when you bought it???If your not comfortable seeking out the gremlins take it to a shop and I would be riding it like that your gonna melt a piston...

You may be also kinking the fuel lines when you let the tank down...Sounds like your not getting enough fuel in the high rpms...I'm not an expert on trubos but I have a velocity stage one...Was the bike running good when you bought it???If your not comfortable seeking out the gremlins take it to a shop and I would be riding it like that your gonna melt a piston...
If its dropping to 20 under boost,he prolly already has.

Bike has good compression still put new pump in today still same problems. Any more ideas thanks. Bike ran good when i got it.

Bike has good compression still put new pump in today still same problems. Any more ideas thanks. Bike ran good when i got it.
What is your static fuel pressure? (while idling) also.under boost,how high does your fuel pressure go? I think theres a problem with your FMU,the arent expensive either,there is a thread over on SH.org about replacing the shim,I wouldnt mess with it myself,just get a new one.You should have about 38-40 lbs of FP while idling,under boost with a PC3USB,you want to see 76-78lbs of FP.Let us know whats going on.

Idling it is about 35-40. Now when the fuel pump cycles the fuel pressure drops to 0 after the pump turns off it didnt do that before I started having problems. Could it could be the regulator. The pc isnt a usb type. At 8000 rpms it falls to 25 then goes back up when I let off. I dont hold it there long when the pressure falls I let off.

Back