Barber Motorsports Park this weekend

Glad you are okay. Let Diana and i know if there is anything we can do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Glad to see ur ok and in good spirits. It was good meeting u and getting a chance to ride with u. Keep us posted! Get well soon
Posted via Mobile Device

Gear did its job! Thank God!!! So glad and GRATEFUL to BOB, LA Busa and the rest of the group for packing up all of BW's stuff and having everything ready to go when CrashtestDanny got back. Thank you just isn't enough, but its all I got for now. You guys are the best! :thumbsup:

Dennis, I've so very thankful you are ok. Heal up quickly my friend!

Want to add...we made it home.

Luci was smarter than I. She slid in one side instead of tumbling down the straight. Oh yeah, the camera was running the whole time and was not damaged. I can't wait to download it when I get home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

I think they both were running until Skydivr cut them off in the paddock. Glad you are ok.

Luci was smarter than I. She slid in one side instead of tumbling down the straight. Oh yeah, the camera was running the whole time and was not damaged. I can't wait to download it when I get home.

I took some pics but they did not come out at all....kinda weird if ya ask me

100_7640.jpg

100_7641.jpg

That 'kink' on the back stretch is a tough part of the track. I have now been behind two people who spun up the rear, and sorta lowsided out at that spot. Happens quick...

Its not really a turn, just sort of a kink they put in a high speed part of the track. BW was clearly fond of that part of the track, he was hammering it back there on day 1, first person I have EVER seen put a knee down there, its not enough of a turn to do that - not for me anyway, I nearly lost it there in March and I 'tap dance' through that area now.... Frady Cat that I am!

Folks, I was 30' behind Dennis and we were going 90 if we were going at all. Rear stepped out, smoked and low sided.
I, like the last time this happened, was worried about hitting the bike. I was trying to figure out what way that 550 lb rotating mass of Hayabusa was going to go but I glanced over and saw my good friend rolling, not sliding, but rolling shoulder over shoulder, for a long distance. It was chilling and I just knew it was bad. I SO wanted to stop and help but at Barber, you get off so they can roll medical. And I did just that.

To see what I saw and to find out my friend is going to be ok is nothing short of a friggin miracle.
Dennis, the bike can be fixed (and aint all that bad from what I saw when I zipped up the fairings for the long ride home) hug the loved ones when you get home and know that it WAS GREAT to see you and Danny (and Danny may very well have set a land speed record from Huntsville to B'ham when he was summoned) and to ride with you all weekend... and I am terribly sorry this happened my friend...

Last edited:
I have so many people to thank. I didn't have to worry about how I was going to get back to the track and get Luci loaded up. I didn't have to worry about jape o was going to get the truck loaded with all my stuff from the paddock. Randy, Dawn, Keith, Ben, and the Kevin's took care ok everything. As I was being released, Dan walked in having driven up with the bikes in tow. I am so grateful to have such good friends around me.

I have so many people to thank. I didn't have to worry about how I was going to get back to the track and get Luci loaded up. I didn't have to worry about jape o was going to get the truck loaded with all my stuff from the paddock. Randy, Dawn, Keith, Ben, and the Kevin's took care ok everything. As I was being released, Dan walked in having driven up with the bikes in tow. I am so grateful to have such good friends around me.

I need to add Charlie to the list. He was totally in the thick of things. Lotta good folks helping out. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dawn. The list of people that helped me yesterday is long and many of them I will never know. I remember Dawn, Randy, Keith, and Kevin being I'm the ambulance at some point. I know there were more folks in the paddock helping that weren't within eye or ear shot.

I'd do it again today Dennis.

Go heal up my man and Trish, forgive me for the 'first report' from the track. That must have been REAL confusing!:poke:

How are you feeling today Dennis? You made a wise choice in stopping, I got slammed just south of Nashville at about 9 PM. 15MPH on interstate...tornado reported 5 miles east of me...

I helped roll you over and get your Jacket off in the ambulance so they wouldn't cut it off you - I also unbuckled and unzipped your pants but don't get any wild ideas :laugh:. Both your camera's were still on when I turned them off AFTER luci was on the trailer. I took them off and put them in the seat. Your keys are in the center console.

I also know someone who has crashed in that turn at 105 and he got broke up pretty bad. That turn is deceptive. Dennis, your back tire was down to the wear bar (I looked) on that side which may have contributed. Randy and I both saw you go all the way across that spot the previous day spooked us both.

I did not get the red flag until after I'd passed pit exit, so I had to make another lap. The Ambulance crew did not wait for all the bikes to get off the track as they are supposed to (which means they thought you were hurt bad also). When I went around the track again I passed them working on you and you were not moving; your bike was at least 150ft past you. I have this on video and you can tell me whether you want me to edit/post it. I also understand you were following me so I'll be interested in seeing that.

Back