axle nut sizes 2001 Busa

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know what the axle nut size is in millimeters? for the front and rear axle. I miked them in inches and did the inch to MM conversion and the front came out 27 and the rear was 37 which doesn't look right. I figured someone on the Org will know. Larry

thanks Front isn't a 24 mm tried a 24mm socket and it's too small. Looks like I should go to 26-27?

thanks Front isn't a 24 mm tried a 24mm socket and it's too small. Looks like I should go to 26-27?

Hey, Wardie...I called the dealership when I texted you that information earlier. I find it very strange that the 24 doesn't fit; they checked the service manual.

Strange for sure. Good luck, yo! :beerchug:

Yeah the darn socket doesn't fit. I kept the recipt I'll take her back and it's either a 26 or 27mm. I dunno I have a shop manual too. Who knows but thanks for dropping everything to lend a hand. Wardie

You still have your tool kit for the bike? Rear wrench is supplied in there and for the front a 5/8" bolt works great with 2 nuts locked or welded together - apply a 13/16" socket to the end and you'll have the front axle off in no-time! :laugh:

You still have your tool kit for the bike? Rear wrench is supplied in there and for the front a 5/8" bolt works great with 2 nuts locked or welded together - apply a 13/16" socket to the end and you'll have the front axle off in no-time! :laugh:
it is not the same... that works for the 02-07 (I use my O2 sensor socket, it has a hex head and a 1/2 drive extension runs right down the center, works better than the actual tool)

DSCN3629.JPG

DSCN3630.JPG

Okay all done here's the deal for anyone doing an 01' Busa down the line. 36 mm rear and 27 mm front. I got a good deal on them at Sears (Craftsman). Man that centerstand is real nice. Put the bike on the lift. Put the centerstand down. Jacks the bike up to working height...no more soe back. The lift and the centerstand are my two best buys in the past 6 months! Thanks again to the .org folks.:bowdown: Wardie

Back