ATTN S. FL Busa Riders!!! RIDE TOMORROW!

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
H.org member Ride_Or_Fish contacted me minutes ago via cell phone...

We are riding tomorrow...meeting at the shell station on the I95 exit at Saint Lucie West BLVD.

9:00a.m. 02/17/08

We will most likely be heading out in a NorthWesterly direction starting at midway rd. too 70 W towards Lake Okeechobee taking breakfast at Posey's Corner then 441 to eagle island rd. and 98 west to arbuckle creek rd., then manatee to memorial around the top ofg lake placid/sebring area...

if anybody else is interested in joining us?...pm me your cell # and i'll rsvp the same via pm.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

i'll be taking the family out to dinner in a few but will respond before 11.00p.m.

should be back home and pm'ing folks before 10:00

then i'll check again for late-comers in the morning.
biggrin.gif

Hope you can join us and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I'm already in on a north ride tomorrow with some Tampa sport bike riders. You guys have a nice ride anyway. The weather is going to be perfect!

I would meet up but I am currently in Daytona.
thumb_up.gif
cool...i'm just tossing this out there as a last minute invite just in case we're like riding right in front of anyones house who'd like ta join us...if not no biggy...ROF and i will have a great morning ride...either way...i'll check back again in the a.m. for any early rising late comers.

CYA in the morn'in ROF & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I just got back last night from riding up and down 192(nothing like 24 hour rush hour traffic to make you want to die) for the last week while I was down there. Now the temp goes back up! There was a lot of busas at oldtown last Sunday. Anybody from here there?

okay folks...i'm/we're headed out...i'll try an bring back some pix...if i can blow the rust off....it's been awhile...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Well folks?...just got home about an hour ago...72 degrees...just enough white cloud cover to highlight the blue skys...180 miles...30 miles of it before brunch and then 100 of it in one sitting,,refueled and headed for home...

NO PIX BUT TRIP HIGHLIGHTS WERE....

1. Lotsa buzzards...due to lotsa road kill...namely?....hawgs.

2. Hit well into the mid triples a couple times...when and where appropriate...

3. I came sling-shoting out of a 45mpg sweeping ess (right behind ROF) at a pretty impressive lean angle (one-handed) as i waived to an on-coming Dude on an HD Full-Dresser...and just as i began to wonder why this dilweed wasn't waiving back?...and sorta actually felt like i was getting a bit of stink-eye action from him?...i realized...his plastics and 3/4 mic'ed helmet were white and his clothes were a blue'ush green (damn polarized sunglasses under my lid throwing the color off)...but his badge was definantly gold...wearing a gunbelt and knee-hi leather nazi stormtrooper boots...and instantaneously realized and understood why he wasn't waiving back...i then kept a close eye on my rearviews for a few miles..then i also understood why he wasn't attempting to make a u-turn...dash back through the esses we just rocketed through to try an catch up to two of the worlds fastest production bikes on his fulldress HD just to say hello.
laugh.gif

4. It's been a while since i took a good sunday morning ride...it felt great blow'in the dust of the old skills in a few sweepers.

5. Today i also re-realized why i don't need to rush into upgrading to an '08!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah buddy, that was a good trip. We made it back in one piece (each) with little more than bug pepperin'. I too wasn't sure about that LEO when exiting that long sweeping lefty
whistling.gif
, but later on we sure got a strong look from the Okeechobee County deputy who had the 4X4 pulled over towing a trailer and swamp buggy. Good thing we dropped from 170 and idled by at 50 mph.
laugh.gif

If it was any hotter today, I would have broken out the mesh attire.
beerchug.gif

Yeah buddy, that was a good trip. We made it back in one piece (each) with little more than bug pepperin'.  I too wasn't sure about that LEO when exiting that long sweeping lefty  
whistling.gif
, but later on we sure got a strong look from the Okeechobee County deputy who had the 4X4 pulled over towing a trailer and swamp buggy.  Good thing we idled by at 50 mph.  
laugh.gif

If it was any hotter today, I would have broken out the mesh attire.  
beerchug.gif
yep!
laugh.gif

uhemmm...

the "timing gods" were definantly riding with us today!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back