Another Battery Tender Question

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I hooked up my Battery Tender yesterday and it showed the green light which means storage and red means charging

If its showing green is there really any reason to leave it hooked up. ???

I hooked up my Battery Tender yesterday and it showed the green light which means storage and red means charging

If its showing green is there really any reason to leave it hooked up. ???

Yes, it will maintain that charge and prolong the life of your battery :thumbsup:

You'd have to watch it nonstop for a few hours/days to see that the light color changes from green to red when the battery drops off its max charge level...and until it brings it back up and turns to green again.

yet green indicates "Float" mode and it will park there until a zap is needed.. no current applied to the battery and so no cooking the thing...

The Battery Tender draws very little house hold current when the green light is on so it is best to leave it hooked up;consequently, the battery doesn't sulfate and it should last much longer.

Leave it hooked up, less trouble that way and it will keep the battery ready. I only have 1 battery tender and I keep it working between both my bikes 1 week at a time.

The whole idea of the tender is to leave it hooked up.
The battery is always kept at full charge, and that prolongs the life of it.

Back