Air box mods?

OB_00 so Blue

Registered
If the airbow mod sucked, I think with the number of them that the Motorhead has sold we would know the real deal by now. I instal MH's box as soon as I get the proper map. My question to Motorhead is: How many airboxes have you sold?

Whoa Whoa Whoa there big guy, I ain't saying Motorheads airbox sucks, in fact, far from it. As a matter of fact, I'm eagerly awaiting one of his boxes as we speak.
I was just asking a question.

Yeah MH, I'm sure it works....Its just that I thought it was a valid question. I haven't had the chance to evaluate it myself and I was just wondering if anybody had some real world results, like MPH improvements or sompin.......

dunno if it'll work on other busas but on the modifications page of this site I made my boxtoframe line up perfect. Can tell. too.

I gained 5mph in the 1/4 while spinning the tire down the track.
Also it flows so much air that my plugs are white need more fuel even with the yosh box at +10+10+10
Need PC2

It turned my bike from fast into a fukking monster. And I'm talking about a difference you can feel and hear like night and day. Also like cheese I had to lay on the fuel, I run the ti force map which is the richest already and go up +1+1+2 on the PC2 and I'm STILL not quite there yet.

I know this subject has probably been beatin to death, but here goes.

I was speaking to another board member the other day, who brought up a point about AB mods that kinda made sense. Have any of these mods ever been tested in the real world, not on a dyno?
I'm sure that on a dyno the mod will work because your dealing with stagnate air and the box has not been pressurized with ram air. So it would seem that anything you do to increase airflow into a box that is not being pressurized, will make more HP.
But what happens at 190mph. Do any modifications to the airbox disturb airflow and maybe even hurt performance at speed.
I know that even minor changes in the way air flows into the intake system can effect power changes in a big way.

Just a thought.

I have the full mod and it was pulling like crazy at 180 when I chickened out.

All I was saying is that, if the hp only turned up on the dyno there would be some disapointed customers out hear. I put my money down because I respect the opinion of many of the people who post hear, and they largly like the mod.

Back