aftermarket full exhausts systems

busabad

Registered
I'm a busa newbie with a '04 purple/black 2 days old...trading up from a '97 ZX11.  I was hoping to get some feedback on
aftermarket exhausts. I was looking at D&D because I'm told
I might get the biggest bang for a 4 into 1 system. Also, any
thoughts on a good power commander would be appreciated
as well.
Thanks

D&D = lots of noise, no hp gains and there heavy as he!!. Just do a search on the board for the best move.

muzzy is supposedly the best bang for the buck exhaust 4-2-1 system.

also get a pciiir not a USB or regular pciii

BDE GEN III is the one I picked. Good gain and it only weighs about eight pounds front to back, excellent sound too.

I have a yosh 4-2-1 RS3 system. I like the sound, its fairly quiet but throaty at low revs and way loud, but happy sounding ;) when you are getting into it hard. Its fairly light weight, not sure the exact lbs but you can definately feel the difference once you put it on
biggrin.gif

I'll definately second the D&D is nothing but noise....but hey, if you just want to wake the dead, get those
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

what system would give the best midrange power for the street?
i know the best topend is the BDE III

bde is going to be the best all around pipe you can buy... bar none!!!

fst that is a biased opinion.LOL just kidding the full systems are so close it becomes a persoanl preference on what you want and if you like the looks or not.

not really biased... I've done my homework and in my mind put any pipe you want on the busa and I believe the bde genIII will outperform damn near everything if not every one.

Although I do not own a BDE Hindle, I must say for the price and quality its the way to go.

the hmf dual high mount looks so sweeeeeeeet but I

#1 didn't want to go with dual... wanted to shed wieght.
#2 didn't want high mount
#3 didn't want to lose the passenger pegs.

other than that I love the look of that bike!!!!!

you don't lose the pegs
my wife took the rear seat so I didn't need the pegs.
That one is the single the duals make less ponies

cool I thought you had to lose the rear pegs...
rock.gif
nice to know.

The top three choice's would be (BDE Gen III, Muzzy and HMF). If you like the D&D pipes for the sound you will like the HMF pipe, they are a little louder than the other pipes. My preference is the HMF "Big Bird" 4-1 system, love the deep sound and look of the pipe.

I have chromed the pipe and end caps since this picture was taken.

Back