Accelator Pump Feature

Greek_Busa

Registered
Hi bullets!
Having purchased a Power Commander recently I thought that before installing it would be wise to download and activate the Accelerator Pump feature found free in the PowerCommander.com site. Since then I've noticed only a small power gain at the top and a linear power delivery, nothing more considering I've fitted a full akra. I am using the correct map on the PC and "street settings" for the accel pump (90% sensitivity, 15% Fuel Increase, 20 engine revolutions). Trying to find out what was going on in there, I disabled the accel pump feature yesterday and Voila! Super Torque and Power everywhere. Jesus! Yesterday's ride was a RIDE. The mighty Busa transformed in a mighty Beast and my question is why that difference? Isn't that a feature that brings more bells and whistles? Isn't an upgrade? Wrong settings?
Or maybe is it ok for other bikes but not for the Busa?

Couldn't tell much of a diff with or without the pump turned off, it only makes a diff for the first 20 engine revs though so it doesn't sound to me that it should be much if any increase. Mine was turned on after my custom map was dialed in and the tunner said it would be "fun to play with".

Couldn't tell much of a diff with or without the pump turned off,  it only makes a diff for the first 20 engine revs though so it doesn't sound to me that it should be much if any increase.  Mine was turned on after my custom map was dialed in and the tunner said it would be "fun to play with".
If you play with it after a custom map you are stupid.
A custom map is just that CUSTOM for the bike, and then your tuner tells you to go play with it?
rock.gif
WTF he has the dyno right there to test it. GREAT turner you got.:laugh:
Why becuase it doesn't just do 20 revs or whatever it will richen the WHOLE map.
The feature was made for roadrace bikes in the 600-750cc range because the map sensor will not get input to richen up the fuel when you close then quickly open the throttle. Busas and crusier do not have this problem, which is funny in a way they are the groups that think it will work for.
laugh.gif

Couldn't tell much of a diff with or without the pump turned off,  it only makes a diff for the first 20 engine revs though so it doesn't sound to me that it should be much if any increase.  Mine was turned on after my custom map was dialed in and the tunner said it would be "fun to play with".
If you play with it after a custom map you are stupid.
A custom map is just that CUSTOM for the bike, and then your tuner tells you to go play with it?
rock.gif
WTF he has the dyno right there to test it. GREAT turner you got.:laugh:
Why becuase it doesn't just do 20 revs or whatever it will richen the WHOLE map.
The feature was made for roadrace bikes in the 600-750cc range because the map sensor will not get input to richen up the fuel when you close then quickly open the throttle. Busas and crusier do not have this problem, which is funny in a way they are the groups that think it will work for.
laugh.gif
That's why you are The Man, thanks for the info. The tunner seemed to be on dope when he was working on it. I haven't touched the PC3 since the map since i thought he would have set it up properly (should have known something after i saw the mess in his shop, couldn't even walk around in there). Dynojet had him down as an "Authorized dyno center", they obviously never saw where the dyno was.

(should have known something after i saw the mess in his shop, couldn't even walk around in there).  Dynojet had him down as an "Authorized dyno center", they obviously never saw where the dyno was.
I guess you haven't been to the Cheese hole in the wall.

I am sure some have been there to see the perfectly spotless shop:laugh:

Look to be a tuning center it cost 500.00 and buy a dyno.
Like I have said before it isn't the dyno it is the tuner

(should have known something after i saw the mess in his shop, couldn't even walk around in there).  Dynojet had him down as an "Authorized dyno center", they obviously never saw where the dyno was.
I guess you haven't been to the Cheese hole in the wall.

I am sure some have been there to see the perfectly spotless shop:laugh:

Look to be a tuning center it cost 500.00 and buy a dyno.
Like I have said before it isn't the dyno it is the tuner
And if you couldn't tell. This is the great tuner that told me not to mess with this feature.
JC knows his stuff.

Back