6D ATS-1R in hand

greg3852

Registered
Finally got this helmet in hand. Been wanting to buy it for a few years. It’s amazingly light 3lbs or less. Carbon fiber but the protection inside is better.

Real quick backstory for those who don’t know. Crashed another Hayabusa in 2015. Passed out while riding. (They ended up finding kidney cancer which was removed) Woke up in Boston with severe TBI. After 5+years I’ve mostly stopped being affected by it.

6D has the technology in their helmets that the NFL now uses. It is small rubber things that help prevent some concussions. It separates your head from the helmet. Google it.

Anyway here is the helmet.
0324F4BC-3318-404E-AFE2-33B1FEE0A7B5.jpeg

66C2800A-1ED0-432C-B0A0-8310375904DF.jpeg

2CD1FF20-7EE7-41A2-A9AF-FEF7DCBDAC69.jpeg

Holy poop man. I’m glad you’re okay now. I imagine that was a long hard road. Damn.

Beautiful helmet! I’d like to get a new helmet in the next year or two but it has to be snell or my track won’t let you run. That looks perfect so hopefully they can do the needful and get it snell approved.

They won’t do snell approval according to the website.

The ATR-1 off-road helmet is not Snell approved. Snell is a voluntary program, which is not required by any U.S. government safety authority or any major U.S. racing sanctioning body. Meeting Snell’s criteria would require the shell to be both stiffer and heavier than necessary, which, in the case of the 6D, is contradictory to meeting the safety objectives set forth by our company.

Only dot and ece.

The ATR and ATS Helmet is certified to meet and exceed the U.S. DOT (Department of Transportation) FMVSS218 and the ECE (Economic Community of Europe) 22.05 safety standards. The ECE 22.05 standard is the most recognized international helmet standard, required by over 50 countries worldwide. The combination of our dual certified helmet to both DOT and ECE assures a broad range of high performance protection. While the DOT certification provides for penetration protection and max G loads at controlled dwell times, the ECE certification provides for high velocity impacts similar to Snell testing.

Back