08 Busa Wheel Exchange

wrlamkin

Registered
I just put on my Trac Dynamics chrome swing arm ( great piece of art )and was looking for a place to do a chrome wheel exchange. I live in Indy and went to Flatout Motorcycles, they have them in stock. I asked the guy at the Parts Counter for a price, he said $700 plus tax, $745 total for an exchange. I asked the guy to see the wheels, when he brought them out they had no bearings. I asked about the bearings, he said I had to walk to the other side of the building and ask Service for a price to remove my bearings and replace them in their wheels, he did not know the price. I went to Service and he said $80 more dollars, I asked per wheel or per set, $80 per set.

After I put the chrome arm on I called Flatout to see if I needed an appointment for a wheel exchange, they said yes. With the experience of pricing at Flatout going up, I asked the price again, now it is $160 for the bearing exchange. Needless to say, I gave up on Flatout, who knows what they would have charged once they had my wheels.

Ask questions before doing a wheel exchange.

Back