My "muzzy can" gets new life!!!

Giger102867

Registered
I got a pretty good deal on a used Muzzy stainless oval complete exhaust last month. I was the only bidder on E-Bay and got the exhaust for only $99. The only bad part was that the exhaust canister was really dented up. Just the outside covering, not the baffle or the endcaps. So I took the end caps off and pulled the baffle and insulation out. I pounded out the dents, repacked and sealed it. I got a hold of some carbon fiber wrap and wrapped the canister back so the scuffed up metal wouldn't show anymore. I think it turned out ok?! Ready to put back on any only cost the $99 buy, $8 repack kit, $2 of silicone, and $10 for the wrap. $119 for a 6-8 hundred exhaust packed and looking the way I want, not bad to me.

100_1031.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_0988.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, I would call Muzzy to see if you could get a replacement badge to go back on it! Hell of a job!:thumbsup:

Autozone. Also has about 6 coats of polyurethane on it. Makes it nice and shiny and hard as hell to scratch it.

I doubt heat will be a problem. The repacking is the big key. 3/4 to 1" of stainless steel followed by a tight wrap of fiberglass. When applying the polyurethane, it is baked with a high temp bulb. Polyurethene dries to very hard coating and all of the flammable stuff in it bakes/evaperates away.

100_1044.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: You outta try and get some bands that go around each end with the rivets also. Just a little something to dress it up a lil more. Looks awsome though. Keep us posted on how they hold up. Been thinking of doing that myself.

Back