advise

burnschevy

Player
Donating Member
Registered
just need alittle advise here... i took my busa in for its first 600 mile service today at the local dealer, I asked about lowering the rear 2 inches and what to know if it helped with more of an upright ride postion, I have been told many different stories, I am pretty comfy on my bike, Just get a little hand soreness after about 2 hours riding, any thoughts on weither or not it is worth $130 to have this done

010407_13031.jpg

mine is slammed,Its very comfortable for me and Im 6'3" and 290...very stable too.I can pretty much balance it stopped in nuetral without touching the ground (for a short period of time anyway..haha)

busa3.jpg

As I recall you work in (or around) and automotive shop, so you can do this.

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 12 2007,13:44) mine is slammed,Its very comfortable for me and Im 6'3" and 290...very stable too.I can pretty much balance it stopped in nuetral without touching the ground (for a short period of time anyway..haha)
That looks awesome!!!
super.gif
I would be that low if the roads were flat and I wasnt heavy.

If you want to do the front too (i assume you are just doing the back because the subject said links) it takes a little more thought.
beerchug.gif

Where can you get the adjustable one's? I googled it but can't find any. and about how much do they cost?

IMGA4670.JPG

(needlepimp @ Jan. 12 2007,14:01) Where can you get the adjustable one's? I googled it but can't find any. and about how much do they cost?
You can go to e-bay, but a lot of members recommend Soupys.

130 bucks? You should do it yerself. Easy.

I made my own adj. links and had it pretty low -then I noticed I was DESTROYING my belly wing so I raised it up some , still lower than stock, tho. And it definitely takes some weight off yer wrists.

DSC00593.JPG

(burnschevy @ Jan. 12 2007,10:38) just need alittle advise here... i took my busa in for its first 600 mile service today at the local dealer, I asked about lowering the rear 2 inches and what to know if it helped with more of an upright ride postion, I have been told many different stories, I am pretty comfy on my bike, Just get a little hand soreness after about 2 hours riding, any thoughts on weither or not it is worth $130 to have this done
let me be the first, bust her cherry and lose the reflectors!!! but that is the fastest color. Welcome!!!

oh yeah!!! screw south carolina!!! your troopers got me doing a 65 in a 40 on New Years Day! j/k i deserve it I snoozed on the radar and pulled right behind a trooper and didnt notice until it was two late

(PUNN1025 @ Jan. 12 2007,14:20) oh yeah!!! screw south carolina!!! your troopers got me doing a 65 in a 40 on New Years Day! j/k i deserve it I snoozed on the radar and pulled right behind a trooper and didnt notice until it was two late
you deserved that one.

if you lower you need to adjust your suspension settings I lowered it for a while without to spongy in the azzend felt like I didn't have much control, did it took the time spent the money decided I like stock height better
super.gif

I think the combo of lowering the rear and bar risers make it super comfy to ride 500+ miles. other than a little monkey butt
all_coholic.gif

3 words... Soupy's Adjustable Links. Make your adjustments on the fly.

He has the lowering links and the risers in the org Auction area.

I ordered from Soupy on Tuesday and the links arrived today. Super quality!

I agree. I have soupys links. All adjustables are pricy but his are very heavy duty.

Back