Just dropped mine. Anyone else?

aZooZa

Registered
Bad camber at a traffic stop. Left hand down. Mild damage considering. What a pisser. Anyone else dropped theirs yet? 235 miles on it. Still got half a clutch lever though. Might leave it until the winter to have it sorted. Anyone know any good painters in the Devon UK area?

Wish I'd had fairing bobbins
rock.gif

dropped-busa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup... That's a zero MPH fall... vertical scrapes.
That little mishap is $2700 worth of parts and labor at dealer repair cost.

Just finished fixing mine  
crazy.gif

COWLING ASSY,BOTTOM
COVER COMP, INTAKE,  
COWLING COMP,SIDE
COWLING COMP,FRONT
SCREW, BRACE... That side screw holding the fairing on is probably scratched and bent
COWL CUSHIONS, like 6 pieces. New cowls do not come with them
CLUTCH LEVER
BAR END
Look at the front fender close; it may have nicked the edge.
Mag cover is surely scratched

Any tail components?

Ran it through insurance, Got all my parts from Mr Cycle... great people. did my own work and shazam https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/uploads/post-77-91713-aleft.jpg

Had money left over for a bottle of Tequila?

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST WAITING A MINUTE TO FIX IT... IT WILL GET YOU DOWN MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY

That really sucks, I did it with a 1980 GS850 on gravel left over from graveling the snow days! Stopped at a red light and put my foot down. It was like being on ice.

How much damage do you all think frame sliders would have prevented?

I sure was glad to have sliders/faring bobbins on mine. When my girlfriend at the time dropped mine. No damage at all.

I had mine fall while it was in the garage... Very little scratches. Thankfully not on the road and hope it stays that way. Sorry to hear about that man. I was pissed with the little bit I got.. Can't imagine how you feel!

mine went down around 450 miles on it. I was in my driveway and went to put the kick stand down my foot slipped and the stand went back up and the bike went down and it did it very slowly. I was lucky just a foot peg and a few scratches.. My kid was on the back and the extra weight was too much to hold.

I Dropped My First Bike at a Stop Sign the First Time I Rode it.......
SHOCKED.gif
I was SOO Nervouse I Forgot to put my Feet Down
newbie.gif

that hurts for sure, sorry to hear i droped my bike last year it was one of those "what the he11 moments!" i just got done tearing some twisties apart at over 110mph, got to the end of the section, pulled over on the side of the road, put my foot down slipped and over i went kinda reminded me of the dude on laugh-in back in the 60's on the trike, he would ride like he11 then fall over
cool.gif

Back