08 tail swap complete

ham4864

Registered
it took me about 1 month of searching ebay,craigs list,the org,and the dealer for the parts.the parts paid for them self. As i sold my gen one parts off i brought gen 2 stuff:thumbsup:so it cost me nothing not even the paint.(thats next)

The last part that i found was the passenger seat.i was lookin all over ebay and craigs list,and people wanted to much money,so i started looking on craigs list in other states(im in philly)i found one in north Carolina.The guy says i only want 40 bucks then i say how far do you live from the airport he says 5 min.:thumbsup::cheerleader::beerchug:.So i jump on a plane and in 50 minutes i touch down pick up the seat and back to philly i go.i catch a 11.30 am flight and by 3 pm i'm back at the crib with my seat.:thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader:

Some my say why did this a hole catch a plane for a seat :whistle:
BECAUSE I FLY FOR FREE:laugh:(i work for a airline company) and the next day was my day off---of course i flew with one of my lady friend co-workers)

so what do you guys think did i do good.

IMG_0395.jpg

Looks great.. Ebay has a the whole rear tail for 1200.00.. Seems a bit pricey.. Looks just like yours..... Nice work...:thumbsup:

yea that is pricey that is y i did it my way.the main part was the sub-frame i found it at motorcucleparts2u.com

Last edited:
nice! I really want to do this mod hopefully next summer. Thats awesome that you did it for nothing once you sold of your parts, I hope I can do that.

ham what do you do for work?? i used to throw bags for a delta codeshare and flying for free was the ****

Nice!

Going for a whole paint job or going to try to match it up? either way it's going to look good finished. :thumbsup:

Well I'm going to paint the back fairing to match the bike but the side turnsignal pods black.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
i remember reading somewhere here that the only thing that isnt just a simple switch is the key... what do you have to do get the key hole to work with the swap?

Last edited:
Back