So far, seems the gen3 bike is great

I love mine. The engine, the suspension, the brakes, how stable and balanced it is. Just so intutive and effortless to ride it. The most popular online MC magazine here in Hungary wrote an article about the Gen 3 how it is misunderstood - many turn away because of the apparent drop in performance figures, but this bike is not about chasing records, but being as balanced, ridable and durable as possible. I confirm the first two and have no doubts about the third.

While I could live without so many electronics, it is great to have them, because they transfom the bike. There is a mode for highway, one for twisties, one for city riding and with that the Busa became the best over-the-top UJM.

Only negatives are the rare starting issue, the kickstand (already remedied), the engine heat and the fuel consumption that is 6.19l/100km or 38mpg for me.
What do you mean by kickstand already remedied? I’ve not heard this but would like to know.

I love the quick shift up and down but I'm about to kill it and go with the gen1 clutch with 1 piece hub and a different clutch cover because of the clutch slop. My gen1 Turbo busa had it and the the gen3 slop at the light/stop sign drives me nuts.

That or Brocks are restart his roots and make us a 1 piece mod for the gen3 so I can keep the sexy cover. Hate it, god awful. The polyurethane bushings made it better but did not fix it entirely.

Every once a while after making a shift the bike pauses/hesitates for a moment, it feels like a loss of power, then it picks back up. This happens in either QS mode. I think it happens less in QS 2 and when making sure to shift with a purpose and be aggressive, but it still happens, happened to me last ride, I have over 6k miles in almost a year.
Strange, it is yet to happen to my bike, but good to know. Thanks for describing it!

Every once a while after making a shift the bike pauses/hesitates for a moment, it feels like a loss of power, then it picks back up. This happens in either QS mode. I think it happens less in QS 2 and when making sure to shift with a purpose and be aggressive, but it still happens, happened to me last ride, I have over 6k miles in almost a year.
That's the problem i was having on my L7 GSXR 1000,3 recalls later and the oem QS is in the bin and replaced by a Translogic which is smooth as butter every time.

Good to see Suzuki still hasn't learned repurposing old poop.

That's the problem i was having on my L7 GSXR 1000,3 recalls later and the oem QS is in the bin and replaced by a Translogic which is smooth as butter every time.

Good to see Suzuki still hasn't learned repurposing old poop.
I concur with the Translogic unit, mine is awesome

Mine does this still after a tune on WOT, I believe the 2-3 shift. I don't feel it is unsafe, but is definitely annoying. The rest seem to be okay, but don't use those WOT as often.

Back