New turbo busa for me

For every 14psi, the HP is 1x more. So at 14 it should be about 280, at 28psi it would be about 420.

However the problem we run into this if the turbo is a little small it will not efficiently make the higher level horsepowers. So the numbers above are in a perfect world.
very interesting! is this independent of fuel? like is +14 psi on E85 also a +1x on horsepower?

I'm using round numbers for this information but basically atmospheric pressure is around 14 PSI. The math is based around the horsepower your engine makes naturally aspirated. If you make 140 horsepower on E85, then you will make about 280 horsepower at 14 psi.

This does not figure in mechanical losses, heat problems from your turbo or blower or differences and intercoolers. If you can cool the air charge do something like 32° f you may make more horsepower then my math would show, as an example.

I'm using round numbers for this information but basically atmospheric pressure is around 14 PSI. The math is based around the horsepower your engine makes naturally aspirated. If you make 140 horsepower on E85, then you will make about 280 horsepower at 14 psi.

This does not figure in mechanical losses, heat problems from your turbo or blower or differences and intercoolers. If you can cool the air charge do something like 32° f you may make more horsepower then my math would show, as an example.
totally makes sense, thank you!

Back