Headed to the GAP

Pinball

Registered
One of my friends and myself are headed to the dragon on sunday the 27th trhu the 30th. We are comming from the Indiana area. Mabe staying around Gatlinburg area. Just looking for a cheep spot to lay our heads. Any Ideas
rock.gif

If you want to go a little further, the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville, NC is where we stay for the Bash. It's only 20 miles from the Dragon - and it's a FUN 20 miles, too!
tounge.gif

There are other really nice roads that are around that area, too!

+1 on what Omar said...there's also a MicroTel down the street, very reasonable, and there's this wonderful place called 5-points motel that's just divine (I'm lying about that last one)...

Stay in Robbinsville...it's an awesome ride to the Dragon and all surrounding areas...

The phillips is a good place, but I wouldn't drop any names, especially the name Boaz
laugh.gif

Oh, have a blast. Some of the guys on here can give you some good routes, like the skyway, etc.

Be careful and have fun.
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ May 10 2007,10:47) Oh, have a blast. Some of the guys on here can give you some good routes, like the skyway, etc.

Be careful and have fun.  
beerchug.gif
+1,

also on the name droppin, but that not the only thing i wouldnt drop around there
zzwhip.gif

Holiday Inn Express in Cherokee has a killer buffett on Fridays (Seafood and Prime Rib). You can gamble a bit too. Around $50.......tell Sarah "hbr" says hey
biggrin.gif

I've seen places in Pigeon Forge as cheap as $20 a night.

(boazalmighty @ May 10 2007,13:49)
(dadofthree @ May 10 2007,10:47) Oh, have a blast. Some of the guys on here can give you some good routes, like the skyway, etc.

Be careful and have fun.
beerchug.gif
+1,

also on the name droppin, but that not the only thing i wouldnt drop around there
zzwhip.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

It really depends on what you are looking for in accomidations and especially location.

On the NC side, lots have mentioned the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville.

Phillips Motel

What you will find there is a down home place where the banter around the camp fire rivals the riding.

The same can be said for the CROT at the start of the Gap on the NC side.

Deals Gap

At the Crossroads of Time, there is just a resturant open during normal opperating hrs, maybe 7pm at the latest. If ya wanna get some grub, Robbinsville will be the closest after hrs food or cook out works as well.

Since you are coming in from TN so to speak, take a look at the Maryville/Alcoa area. There you will find name brand hotels with a Texas Roadhouse, Hooters, etc for grub.

Staying in the Alcoa area, you are about an hour away from the Gap. Mostly boring 4 lane, but is does pick up on the way to some nice roads.

If you need anything mechanical while in the area, I hope not but it can happen. On the Tn side of the Gap is 129 Motorcycle Pit Stop. It is run by David and Jackie Ramsey. Good friends of mine that WILL go out of their way to help ya out. Plus good food there.....it seems all the Fatt Kidds know where the food is, lol.

On the NC side, right outside Robbinsville, is Wheelers Performance. Owned and run by Ken Wheeler. Ken is an advid enthusist and will bend over backwards to get you back on the road.

Keep in mind, Memorial Day weekend rooms will fill up fast and I am sure there will be increased LEO activity.

Last but not least, ride your pace. There will be people there that are blindlingly fast....

Stay in your lane, be courtous to other riders both slower and quicker. And enjoy the roads in my backyard!

(boazalmighty @ May 10 2007,10:42) let me know if you're gonna stay at phillips...

i think i got "the hook-up"
SHOCKED.gif
Inaccurate grammar, should read........

"I think I got hooked up!"

jump9.gif

At the Phillips you have to ask for the massage special as it is unadvertised!
tounge.gif

Wow guys thanks for all the info. We will be there if anyone wants to come on down and ride just PM me and we can set up a time to get to gether.

even staying at the crossroads of time right on the dragon isn't bad. Its $50 a night for a room that sleeps 4. I'll warn you its very bare bones. No tv or anything. Pretty much just a place to sleep inbetween rides
beerchug.gif

Back