electronic "trunk" latch

busadnnor

Registered
i'm wanting to do an electronic latch on my rear seat, has anyone done or seen this done anywhere.....any and all ideas welcome, pictures are always a big help too.

Shouldn't be too difficult. All you need is a solenoid that has the same throw as the key and enough power to pull the latch.

What would you use to operate the solenoid. It would be great to rig up something, like a keyless entry from a car with a fob. :poke:

solenoid and a car opener kit would do the trick just need something to pull the cable that's remote controlled they usually run around 40 or 50 bucks for the kit.

i saw something on you tube they had a remote that opened and closed the seat hump.I don't remember where a found it or how.

ran a quick search on the tube all I got was this

Are you talking about putting a hinge also or just a release, be careful you don't toss your hump on the floor with this mod :laugh: Then again humping on the floor sometimes is fun:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
you can use a magnetic reed switch(its what security companies put on doors and windows) you can hide the reed and use a small rare earth magnet on your keychain ..wave magnet over the right spot and it will pop

this is how we used to do show cars with shaved door handles, the trigger for the popper was in the window

about 3-4 $

BR-1012DM.jpg

Last edited:
that's a pretty cool idea with the magnet. seriously. that'd be an interesting kit to put together.

better make sure u put a manual release in there just in case the battery goes dead. that'd suk if you went out, had ur celly in the trunk, come out and find ur battery dead and no way to get to the celly

you can put a plug for a 9 volt battery somewhere hidden on the bike, if the bikes battery dies you can plug a 9 volt in and it would be strong enough to pop the latch

Back