Best Motel ?

RacingJake

Registered
This guy saying I picked the wrong one lol.

Motel.jpg

I’ve stayed in some pretty bad ones over the years on tour but no more. This was a suite my son booked in Mammoth Lakes CA.

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg
for our last night on the road from our recent Monument Valley run. Two TVs, full kitchen including dishes and steak knives even, huge sofa, fireplace, with table and lounge chairs on the terrace. Here’s the view inside and from the terrace.

I remember waking up one morning in east St Louis and the bowI popcorn I had eaten the night before had cockroaches in it.

I just stayed at the Hilltop motel in Victorville California a couple months ago for about a month. I will never stay there again because the owner

will rip you off with his no refund policy. This was the kind of place that after you take a shower you want to put towels on the floor so you can

walk around without getting your feet dirty.

When I was working in the area ( road construction 2002,3,4 ) I use to stay at Whiskey Petes in Primm Nevada (50 miles south of Vegas ) for

$16.95 a night. Its like $60 to $80 a night now and some hotels in that area now charge a $45 resort fee per night on top of the room rate... the

rooms were ok last time I stayed there. With raising room rates the RVs are looking better all the time.

Worst place was my apartment in Myrtle Beach, turn the light on and watch them run away. Even after setting off 10 spray bombs it didn't do a thing. One day I open a cabinet door and saw a small roach so I mashed it with my thumb when I guess it's mother jump out of nowhere and started to attach my fingers. I knocked it back a few times and kept charging at my fingers so I smashed it with my thumb too... weird.

So you all know why we love motels - bikes parked right outside your window or in some cases parked in the room. The worst one I can remember was the Dover Inn. The bed had hair all over it and a wet spot still in it! They even claimed we had to wait for the cleaning crew to come in the morning, haha. I asked the night attendant "Do those look like Harleys?" We fueled up, ate, and rode all night long without a nap. Just one more crazy memory curtesy of my Busa...

Back