2023 Hayabusa?

The torque numbers are outstanding but is the 170 figure horsepower? If so it’s very disappointing. My stock Gen1 has 160. Sixteen years later they found only

View attachment 1650643ten more ponies?
Comparing numbers on different dynos is just silly. A Gen-1 could make 140 on that dyno or a Gen-3 could make 200 on the one yours made 160 on. To many variables..

Comparing numbers on different dynos is just silly. A Gen-1 could make 140 on that dyno or a Gen-3 could make 200 on the one yours made 160 on. To many variables..
I've noticed the power figures for all generations are all over the map...just like you mentioned there are just so many variables.

I read something the other day where a person has two 2021 BMW S1000RRs which are identical (why he owns 2 is alien to me) and he had them dyno'd back to back on the same day and one put out 203 and the other put out 196 to the tire...he said it could boil down to something like one needing a chain adjustment or the wheel bearing being stiffer...

Tires were exact same, tire pressures as well and the bikes have the same miles as they were bought at the same time...I think he is going to "track only" one of them??

I want to see video of a Gen 3 wheelie in 5th . WTF ? really ? Are you going over a road rise @ 150 mph ? Running a 55 tooth rear sprocket ?
RJ was 207 RWHP , and 498 pounds wet , and it was not going to wheelie in 5th even with my 145 pound body on it .

My gen2 would clutch up 1' wheelies in 5th, and the height wanted to climb with the quickly climbing speed.
It was pretty pointless, and useless...but possible.
The only reason I tried 5th is because with a +3 rear sprocket/46t, it would power wheelie 6"+ in 4th.

My gen2 would clutch up 1' wheelies in 5th, and the height wanted to climb with the quickly climbing speed.
It was pretty pointless, and useless...but possible.
The only reason I tried 5th is because with a +3 rear sprocket/46t, it would power wheelie 6"+ in 4th.
Ok so not to steal Tim's post but while we have the wheelie experts @c10 And @sixpack577 taking about them I was wondering something the other day. I noticed that my bike when newer had a tendency to power wheelie a little when hitting 3rd and sometimes 4th when I was really getting on it but it hasn't done that in quite some time. Now I'm pretty sure it finally dawned on me why but I wanna know if raising the rear up 1 inch with the links like I did would actually be what's keeping the front from lifting so easily anymore.

Ok so not to steal Tim's post but while we have the wheelie experts @c10 And @sixpack577 taking about them I was wondering something the other day. I noticed that my bike when newer had a tendency to power wheelie a little when hitting 3rd and sometimes 4th when I was really getting on it but it hasn't done that in quite some time. Now I'm pretty sure it finally dawned on me why but I wanna know if raising the rear up 1 inch with the links like I did would actually be what's keeping the front from lifting so easily anymore.
*Not a wheelie expert.

But yeah, you are shifting your weight forward and changing the center of gravity of the bike.

Scoot ur boot back, way back from your normal riding position and pull the same in 3rd/4th- should come up like it did before.

*Not a wheelie expert.

But yeah, you are shifting your weight forward and changing the center of gravity of the bike.

Scoot ur boot back, way back from your normal riding position and pull the same in 3rd/4th- should come up like it did before.

This^

Raising the rear is why it's less wheelie prone.
Booooooo!!!!
lol

I took my lowly gen 2 out for a rip today and on one of my special back roads, I gave the "go fast handle" a good twist...the front end got really light in 2nd, 3rd and even a bit in 4th, when I hit 5th it settled right in and was smooth as silk....other than the telephone posts going by in a blur, it was hard to tell I was going as fast as I was.

Back