zx10r

I now own an 05 busa. My previuos bike was a zx10r.
I know alot of you dont wanna hear this but.,,, My 10r was wayyyyyyyy faster than this busa.
My 10r was bone stock only lowered. It ran a 9.5 in the 1/4

so whats your fastest time at the strip?? haha

me.. 10.4 @ 136.. stock height/tires/gears  micron pipe.. no PC...

i get whupped by everybody
smile.gif
I went 9:47@146mph with my ZX10R,

PC3
Slip on
BMC Race Filter
-1 front sprocket

i was only kiddin' about the SV in the 8's.. haha

cool twisted.. thats haulin' the mail

What does any of this nonsense matter? The point is that literbikes have advanced to the point that they CAN beat a Busa in most anything but all out top speed. The ZX-12 has been able to do this for many years, who cares if the literbikes have caught up too? The only thing that matters is who wins when YOU race. On the way home from the dragstrip yesterday my buddy LEFT my a$$ on an 03 R1. Why? Because he dropped two gears and nailed it and I rolled on. Also, dumb-a$$ me forgot to air up my rear tire after leaving the track, so it got real interesting around 180 (indicated), started wobbling and shaking etc. so I backed out. Does this mean he can now tell everyone that his R-1 can destroy busa's in top end? prolly not, but he did beat me, in that race, at that time. Any bike can be beat guys, any bike.

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116294306 -->

Another couple of years and the 600's will probably be faster than the 1000's and then it'll be their turn...

Of course, they'll be achieving it at 20,000rpm with an engine note that only small dogs can hear.

I still like having low-down torque and a big engine personally.

Another couple of years and the 600's will probably be faster than the 1000's and then it'll be their turn...

Of course, they'll be achieving it at 20,000rpm with an engine note that only small dogs can hear.

I still like having low-down torque and a big engine personally.
I don't know, Formula 1 engines generate relatively little amounts of tourque and spin 18k+, I think they sound pretty cool.......

Mr. Brown,

Thanks for being honest. Lord only knows what would have happened if I had of said that the ZX12's are equally as fast as the busa's. It might have started a riot in the forum.

I love both of my bikes. 1 ZX12R and 1 Busa. But one has to go soon. I have to get my money together for that new technology coming in 2006.

Zeke

I have to get my money together for that new technology coming in 2006.

Zeke
i hope they wait a little so i can get the loan for this bike paid down a bit so i can actually make a profit on a sale. Kool zeke like brown said with the blink of an eye being the difference in times it all depends on whos driving
beerchug.gif

Mr. Brown,

Thanks for being honest.  Lord only knows what would have happened if I had of said that the ZX12's are equally as fast as the busa's.  It might have started a riot in the forum.

I love both of my bikes. 1 ZX12R and 1 Busa.  But one has to go soon.  I have to get my money together for that new technology coming in 2006.

Zeke
Having heard all the rumors for years about the new bikes, I'll wait and see before I get all excited. My money is tied up in the hous, vehicles and my bike, so It'll be a tear or two before I can worry about a new toy anyway. Besides, i can't ride my current bike to its potential yet, so what's the point of upgrading?

Zeke, the only problem I see with the literbike technology currently is that they are already tuned to within an inch of their lives, therefore performance gains are not so easy to get. The cams, heads and exhaust are so aggressive from the factory that it's no longer a case of bolting on a pipe, slapping on a pc and boom, you got a way faster bike than stock. It's starting to cost serious $$ to get meaningful performance gains outta them. That's why I like the Busa the way it is, invest a couple of grand in the right areas and you can have a bike that will outrun most anything you run across on the street, and a lot of dedicated drag vehicles too.

I beleive the average knowledge of motorcycle people thats not into the motor building / design aspect of it does not realise how tame the Hayabusa is tuned from the factory .

With cam lobe parameters and intake and exhaust phasing set with midrange in mind, yet a cylinder head and exhaust system designed well enough to allow these bikes to pull well up top but using moderate compression that allows use of 87 octane .The ZX-12R has more cam in them than Stage 1 Yoshimura's comparativley speaking , more compression but look what happens in the real world .

Everyone guns for beating a Busa . Say's alot if you ask me .

I think Suzuki might have done better by building the Busa with a nice 4-2-1 titanium exhaust just ready for a slip-on , set the compression at 11.5-1 and the equivalent of the Yosh stage 1's or a little hotter cams but still using a nice long life base circle for reliabilty w/o the need for heavy springs but would the world have been ready for it ?

Thats why I always thought Suzuki should build a true Limited Edition . One with a reworked motor ....and Brembo's
biggrin.gif
 If they are king now , just think about the lore one of the above would bring about !

A stock Busa or one with a pipe and fuel map lays the power down right . While other bikes have the wheel in the air short shifting the Busa is moving from 1st through 6th with that ever so sweet second power hit once you shift into 5th and the timing is pulled .

These bikes have become legendary and from mild to wild they are as good as it gets for what they were designed for . Just try a longer two-up trip on a liter bike or 12R .

IMO of course but those that don't agree probably don't own a Busa , never rode a Busa and probably don't belong here for the most part
biggrin.gif
Well, HIM and Mountainmotor just for your info I own a Busa, ZX12R and have owned a ZX10R which I recently sold.

In my post there was no degrading of the Hayabusa.  However lets face it, it's long in the tooth.  Also, the fact is the ZX10R and the 2005 Zuk 1000 currently are the two fasted production sportbikes.

The length, torque is what makes the Busa a good open class sportbike.  But most of the info you shared is nothing more than good baseline data.  And you continue to over look the simple line, which is weight and horsepower.  We're talking close to 80 to 90lbs wet difference.  The reality is currently the kaw and suzuki liter bikes are faster off the showroon floor.

Also, please don't tell me about riding with a friend of a friend that owns a ZX10R or riding down a highway and happen to run up on a ZX10R and blowing them away.  Just because I own a Hayabusa does not mean that I chose to disreguard other bikes or manufactures and/or people that chose to own them.  I am bigger then that.

If you think your stock Hayabusa is all that, then go to your local bike night event or drag strip and challenge a ZX10R or a 2005 Suzuki 1000 with a rider of equal skills.  If you want to save some money call and check with a friend or family member that truely follows drag racing and get your answer.
Matter of fact, some dealerships may have a salesman that's really into drag racing.  Check with him.

Just two weeks ago the new Suzuki 1000's were going 9.30's to 9. teens in the SS class at prostar.  This was with stock motor and at least 3 inched off the ground.  There isn't a stock Hayabusa to date to go 9.20's or 9.teens in the SS class.

I am speaking facts not theories.

Zeke

p.s. Please let us know what you find out.
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

I always consider the source of the information.

Just 8 years ago some people thought the ZX11, Black Bird, and 900RR were tuned from the factory at the edge of there lives. It turned out not to be true. When the Hayabusa was introduced some people thought it was tuned from the factory at the edge of its life. Thats not true. The current liter bikes are not tuned to the edge of the lives. However, they may be tuned from the factory beyond the capabilities of the average sportbike rider.

So, now this tread has gone from the Hayabusa vs ZX10 question to the liter bikes technology is too aggressive for longevity.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its amazing the passion people have for this motorcycle. If only we put forth that same passion in obtaining peace on earth.

I'm out

Zeke

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

peace doesnt give you that same kind of adrenline rush as fighting, war, and motorcycles. I think for the power they have they are too light and too short for everyday riding
wink.gif

Obviously you have never met anyone that's been in a war.  Its not pleasant, no matter what side you are on.  My brother has yet to tell me he loved being in Iraq due to an adrenline rush.

Your comments and past post have all been bull$hit like most people that like to argue.

Zeke

Read what it say's below.

<!--EDIT|zeke
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116341662 -->

Obviously you have never met anyone that's been in a war.  Its not pleasant, no matter what side you are on.  My brother has yet to tell me he loved being in Iraq due to an adrenline rush.

Your comments and past post have all been bull$hit like most people that like to argue.

Zeke

Read what it say's below.
i actually i have met people that have been at war and was making a joke but you seem to be to much of a ##### to get it

him

I'll say it again .. Any day , any bike , with anyone could beat me ! But it hasn't happened YET! ( notice I said yet)

The busa is designed to be the fastest stock mass produced motorcycle in the world. Nothing to this day will touch it. It's all about the top speed...you try driving the liter bikes at 280+ km/h for any length of time and you'll know why they don't even compare with the busa.

Zeke - You have good points...and bad ones...

Prostar can do ALOT of things to those bikes and they are not close to showroom stock.

But i will say the R1's and 10R's are very fast and actually do acelerate identical to the Busa/12R and it is a drivers race. Is the Busa still king...???...Yes but it's days are limited...

Back