ZX 14 STOCK #'S

any more questions?

9.jpg

here we go again... all the zx-14 compairisons cause one person posted dyno numbers on the 08...
lurk.gif

we ran a 07 zx14 170hp and 104 tq with a full system a few weeks ago with about 500 miles and my 03 with 27k did 152hp and 94tq just slipons
firedevil.gif
. the 08 is going to be bad

Everyone can't stop talking about the ZX-14. The bike is ugly and if it EVER puts down more horses than the Busa then you think that Suzuki will just bend over and take it.....uhhh......The Busa has been on top for YEARSSS!!! Suzuki will allways overcome the Kawi.
argue.gif

Considering the 14 was only a tenth or so quicker with 15rwhp more. Even if it matches the Busa-II power wise, I don't think it will be quicker. However, right now with less power it's going to be ugly for the 14 not only in looks but now performance...

(greyrocket @ Sep. 23 2007,10:19) we ran a 07 zx14 170hp and 104 tq with a full system a few weeks ago with about 500 miles and my 03 with 27k did 152hp and 94tq just slipons
firedevil.gif
. the 08 is going to be bad
That seams a tad low, brother in laws just run his 07 zx14, full yoshi trs, bmc, secondary butterflys removed, 179 hp @ rw & 106 tq. done about 1500kms,

Removing the butterflys does a lot on the 14. It's also a different dyno so that alone could be the reason for different results... ;)

I've seen the same bike on three different dyno's in the same day put down +/- 12rwhp. (146/154/158) Not a single change on the bike...
sad.gif

i rode my friend's 14 with 2 brothers pipe an dna filter.up to 6000 rpm nothing really happens but i must say after that the bike is a demon.but is the zx14 really all that kawa could have come up after 8 years of busa reign?the busa is a legend somthing the kawa will never be!!

i have owed both bikes waiting on my 08 busa. i went 9.24 on my 14 foot shifting my partner went 9.05 with an air shifter both stock wheel base with just a pipe powercommander,lowered,just your basic mods. that kaw is moving, i don't care what people say about it that mo---fo is bad.  some people just need to learn how to ride. tune your bike from track numbers not dyno numbers you will run quicker

Am I missing something! Isn’t stock supposed to be in its untouched form? Not lowering, removing, adding or any other mod. Because if that's the case then hell put a stock busa with a turbo installed on the dyno and see what kind of #'s come out. It's just a turbo! That's the whole problem. You can take aftermarket parts and small tricks to remove things that were originally put in place to increase reliability to create more horsepower. What's all the fuss about? Both bikes make power and have big motors and run around 9s in the quarter. If you want to put the pressure on Suzuki and Kawasaki, hold out until they make a low 8 or 7 second bike in stock form. Does that sound a little crazy? No they have the tech. to do it even with emissions and other crap. It's a game that you don't even realize is being played. Microsoft and other companies have been doing it for years. If they can make a 2G hard drive or memory then they can make a 60, 100 500 and so on too. They must keep inching it to you to make more money. If they give you peak performance up to the minute then they must wait until they actually develope something more advance before they can make another buck. Think people!!!!!!!!!
lurk.gif

yep, agreed! stock should be like the day it left the showroom floor. i remembered a few years back when cycleworld ran a r6 in the 9's and said it was 'stock' and it was only 'strapped, blah, blah,"....that ain't no stock bike.

Back