zx-10's really this fast?

Comments from the bike owners brother: #1 "Submitted by Nick October 22, 2005 4:58 AM
This is my brothers bike, I posted and edited this video myself! I am Nick Leonard! Anyway, the bike has alot more than 5hp worth of mods! the 160hp is at the rear wheels, not the crank. Anyway, this bike isnt geared! It has 100% stock gearing. And riding wheelies at 90 is nothing, he's pulled them up before at 130+. Its a great running bike, as you can tell, and the speedo is NOT fake! I repeat, it is NOT fake. The video was taken with a crappy Kodak DX4400 digital camera. Any doubts? I don't give a ****."  #2 "Submitted by Nick October 23, 2005 11:07 PM
Im not going to get into it. I know this: He had it dyno tuned to the HP I showed presented in the video. He had the factory "speed limiter (@186mph)" removed when the people who dynoed it did some modifications to the computer. Although the speedo won't read past 189, the bike doesn't stop at 189. And yes, it bounced off the rev limiter in 6th gear, whats so special about that? If you do a theoretical to speed (incorporating gearing, tire size, RPM) you'll see that even in stock geared form, the bike will do 190+, theoretically. Now with the bikes top speed limiter removed and mods added, it can bounce off the rev limiter in top gear, pushing over 190 mph. Got anything else to say?"
Relax there bucko!!
laugh.gif

You have to expect some questionable comments when a vid like that is posted! Hell, the dam thing went to 150 in about 10 seconds!

The really funny comment, the one worth flaming, is where riceboy says a 10 blew by his buddys busa @ 225........

My God....get a brain!

This board is used to hearing lofty, unsubsantiated claims... We hear it so often that we tend to all act like we're from Missouri.
tounge.gif

Just an automatic reaction. Put a gps in the vid next time if you don't want to hear the smack.

By the way, I did say that the ZX10 is crazy fast. As is the gixxer 1k...and the R-1. So will the Kawi 14.

If you mod the shiat out of a 10, your'e gonna have one fast SOB, no doubt. (one wheelie prone sucker too!)

Other than the sitting at the stoplight stuff...........
Cool vid! Thanks for sharing!
cool.gif

Comments from the bike owners brother: #1 "Submitted by Nick October 22, 2005 4:58 AM
This is my brothers bike, I posted and edited this video myself! I am Nick Leonard! Anyway, the bike has alot more than 5hp worth of mods! the 160hp is at the rear wheels, not the crank. Anyway, this bike isnt geared! It has 100% stock gearing. And riding wheelies at 90 is nothing, he's pulled them up before at 130+. Its a great running bike, as you can tell, and the speedo is NOT fake! I repeat, it is NOT fake. The video was taken with a crappy Kodak DX4400 digital camera. Any doubts? I don't give a ****." #2 "Submitted by Nick October 23, 2005 11:07 PM
Im not going to get into it. I know this: He had it dyno tuned to the HP I showed presented in the video. He had the factory "speed limiter (@186mph)" removed when the people who dynoed it did some modifications to the computer. Although the speedo won't read past 189, the bike doesn't stop at 189. And yes, it bounced off the rev limiter in 6th gear, whats so special about that? If you do a theoretical to speed (incorporating gearing, tire size, RPM) you'll see that even in stock geared form, the bike will do 190+, theoretically. Now with the bikes top speed limiter removed and mods added, it can bounce off the rev limiter in top gear, pushing over 190 mph. Got anything else to say?"
Relax there bucko!!
laugh.gif

You have to expect some questionable comments when a vid like that is posted! Hell, the dam thing went to 150 in about 10 seconds!

The really funny comment, the one worth flaming, is where riceboy says a 10 blew by his buddys busa @ 225........

My God....get a brain!

This board is used to hearing lofty, unsubsantiated claims... We hear it so often that we tend to all act like we're from Missouri.
tounge.gif

Just an automatic reaction. Put a gps in the vid next time if you don't want to hear the smack.

By the way, I did say that the ZX10 is crazy fast. As is the gixxer 1k...and the R-1. So will the Kawi 14.

If you mod the shiat out of a 10, your'e gonna have one fast SOB, no doubt. (one wheelie prone sucker too!)

cool.gif
What he ^ said! GPS!!!!

Ok get your stop watches out, I have just over 9 seconds from 0-150 according to his speedo.  Like everyones speedo it reads higher than actual speed.  Also we have no way of knowing how stock the bike is. Video is probably real but I bet the speedo is off a bit. Looked really cool with that digital speedo, you can really see the number fly by.
What part of the video did you time that in?

No stopwatch needed when viewing with Media Player.
At 1 minute and 49 seconds into the video he lauches the bike. At 1 minute and 59 seconds he's at 177 mph and just as it's about to tick off 2 minutes exactly he's at 181 mph.

Nothing like a busted scam video. If he was in the 140 mph range I'd call it real, this is so far over the top it's laughable.

A Turbo Busa on a sticky track with a wheelie bar would be hard pressed to pull that off.

This is my brothers bike, I posted and edited this video myself! I am Nick Leonard! Anyway, the bike has alot more than 5hp worth of mods! the 160hp is at the rear wheels, not the crank. Anyway, this bike isnt geared! It has 100% stock gearing. And riding wheelies at 90 is nothing, he's pulled them up before at 130+. Its a great running bike, as you can tell, and the speedo is NOT fake! I repeat, it is NOT fake. The video was taken with a crappy Kodak DX4400 digital camera. Any doubts? I don't give a ****." #2 "Submitted by Nick October 23, 2005 11:07 PM
Relax there bucko!!
laugh.gif

My God....get a brain!

tounge.gif

cool.gif
What he ^ said! GPS!!!!
Take it easy fellas! I am in no way, shape or form connected with that video. I just added some related comments from the website that hosted that particular video. It doesn't make a bit of difference to me what was claimed or what is the truth. I just thought I'd present some information that I thought had been overlooked.

sprocket swap... easy said and done.. look at how fast hes hitting the corners. :/ almost 150mph "if transferred from KPH to MPH" and at that angle.. na.. SPROCKET SWAP !!!

Seems to me, goin 190 and stickin your head up above the wind screen would rip that little microphone off his helmet.

Missed him at Laguna Seca. Maybe next year.

They're fast!!! a ZX-10 beat me on a 60-"however fast we can go" roll on once. It wasn't until I hit 170 (indicated) that I caught up to him and passed him (I don't have the 186 limiter via GPS mod).

I had Frank at powerhouse cycles do it:

http://www.fastcycles.com

I swapped out the OEM GPS and sent it to Frank who supplied me with the modified version.

Johnny Cheese was selling the same mod too. I was never told the exact detail of the mod but it does leave all the maps intact until you hit sixth, which just mimics 5th gear map (much like the '99 models). PM JC if you wanna know more about it. But it's supposed to be "secret" if ya know what I mean.
wink.gif

Thanks for your reply. I know what that mod is. All maps still in place and 6 gear using 5th gear map...
Easy to do without paying $80 for 15 minutes job.
I think this is the best way to unrestrict Busa.
Thanks!

Did not get to view the vid but from 1st hand knowledge, YES the 10-r is very fast to it's top speed. I own a 05 10 and 01 busa with exh, bmc air filter, hmf high, 2 teeth up in rear. My ten only have a muzzy slip on. Equal riders from a standing start the busa will get a good lead but it will not hold it to the 10's top speed. The 10 will come around and walk away. If your busa can go faster than the high 180's then yes the busa is faster. 60 mph rolls equal riders the 10 will walk (first gear gps 97 mph shifted at 12 grand readline is 13). I love my busa and I still ride it more than my 10 (since I put the 180 on the back of the busa). Be advised the 10 is very fast or should I say quick?

Did not get to view the vid but from 1st hand knowledge, YES the 10-r is very fast to it's top speed.  I own a 05 10 and 01 busa with exh, bmc air filter, hmf high, 2 teeth up in rear.  My ten only have a muzzy slip on.  Equal riders from a standing start the busa will get a good lead but it will not hold it to the 10's top speed.  The 10 will come around and walk away.  If your busa can go faster than the high 180's then yes the busa is faster.  60 mph rolls equal riders the 10 will walk (first gear gps 97 mph shifted at 12 grand readline is 13).  I love my busa and I still ride it more than my 10 (since I put the 180 on the back of the busa).  Be advised the 10 is very fast or should I say quick?
That's funny because your results are the complete OPPOSITE of what everyone else that has raced has experienced.

Usually the liter bike stays close and then 160+ the BUSA walks away. Seems funny you got those results.....
laugh.gif

Yea, they are fast......but 225
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
Hey you know our speedometers are off down here.  But when you peg out a 220 mph speedometer, you are still moving very fast.
Not really!

Considering at those speeds the speedo is about 20% OFF.  So at 220mph INDICATED, that is only 176mph.  

With a gear change it will be OFF even more so the speed will be even LESS actual!
Thanks for giving me my props on the speedometer being off issue. I didn't say he was actually doing 225 mph. I said the speedometer was pegged out on a 220 mph speedometer. I've read that even with the speed healer and yellow box they are still off. Any way the ZX10 is heavily modified. Regeared, stretched, lowered, nitrous and some cylinder head work. If you are ever in Orlando, visit Orlando Speedway. Just ask for Pee the brother with the blue ZX10? He is usually on the sideline taking bets. If your money is right he'll race you on or off the track.

So, we probably was doing about 180 mph actually, but the zx10 still passed us.

rock.gif

Oh, let me break that down for you because I think you got too much milk on the brain (your name should be "got-too-much-milk-on-my-brain" instead of got-a-busa). His speedometer was reading 225 mph. His speedometer is definitely off because of the regearing. Everyone this is not his actual speed.

the trees on the sidelines just seem to be moving way too slow for 190 dont ya think?
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back