Zumo 550 Locked and Cocked

Enginerd

Registered
Check it out... Got her hardwired today and used it... thus far, its faster than my blackbird at everything. Rerouting is pretty fast, screen quality even in sunlight is great. The ability to use it with gloves is dead on with big buttons and help with grouping letters... I have paired my Blackberry 8830 to it and it works well thus far, but only used my motorola BT earpiece while standing still. I am still undecided between the Scala Rider team set (only because it has 2 speakers), the chatterbox x1 BT, and the J&M unit. I also ordered a RAM stem mount to use the stock mounting hardware and have hardwired it to the battery on the bike since I do not plan on leaving it on the bike EVER (didnt need to find an ignition switched power). The setup currently looks and feels good, its a bit bigger as a mounted unit (the RAM harware) than I wanted, but good thing I'm a freak and also have a techmounts stem on the way to try as well. Let me know what ya'll think!

Zumo%201%20web.JPG

Zumo%202%20web.JPG

Zumo%203%20web.JPG

Zumo%204%20web.JPG

Your going to love it.... Rode almost eleven hours in the rain with mine, never missed a beat! That turned out nice on your bike. Mine is currently attached to the Harley, but is slated for my 08 Busa. Is that a Ram mount holding it? Mine came with the bar mount but no stem stand..

Your going to love it.... Rode almost eleven hours in the rain with mine, never missed a beat! That turned out nice on your bike. Mine is currently attached to the Harley, but is slated for my 08 Busa. Is that a Ram mount holding it? Mine came with the bar mount but no stem stand..
Yea, RAM sells a stem Mount that replaces the bar mount for 12 dollars, its almost hard NOT to get it. Here is a picture of it and a link to it from the RAM website where I got mine...

Product Number: RAM-B-342U
Retail: $12.65

stem2.jpg

I've got the techmount stem stand. Mines mounted in the truck with the car mount right now, comparing it to my 330c, I love it. Will have to wait until I get my bike to let you know how that works, can't wait.

For helmet intercom I would say go with the scala rider set. I have had the best luck with it so far and the fit is nice and the sound is great. If you need one let me know, I keep them in stock and ready to go.

Josh

Ryders Connection

I am waiting for your report on the audio/bt preference... I need to buy a system and have no idea what to do yet

What about motorola? I know they have some that do it all. phone, gps, mp3. Not sure what brand.

Been trying to get the same info myself... Thus far everyone loves the scala rider (dual mono) which comes on either the scala rider FM or Teamset. The rep from scala rider said that the sound quality for MP3's isnt great but its doable. I just tried a GMRS X1 Bluetooth by Chatterbox and it worked pretty well, speakers were loud and the connection was very easy. Did test the mic but not in helmet or on the bike, i did it in the store just to see how well it worked (VOX was very cool too for the FRS radio). Sorry I don't have more info for you, but let me know what you find out.

Thank's we'll do. I did a Google search and came up with some interesting info on a few headsets. Do a bluetooth headset search. Gives tests and reviews.

Blue ant is supposed to have a decent head set. It was better received than the scala. I haven't read anything good about the scala.

Back