Zipper pulls

speed750

Registered
I have lost/broke a couple of the large zipper pulls on my ridding jacket. You know the ones that make it easy to pull when you have gloves on. The zippers are fine but I can't seem to find a source for these. Anybody know of a good source. (google has nothing)

(speed750 @ Nov. 13 2006,21:57) If wallyworld has them, I'll flip out. But it's worth a looksee.
Them Super Wally's got damn near everything. Much as I hate them, where else am I gonna go?

streetNtrack has everything!
laugh.gif

I'd give newenough.com a buzz

Hit up an arts & craft store, like Ben Franklins, or as mentioned a sewing shop.

Is it the metal (or plastic) zipper slider itself that broke or just the Fob they give you for a little something extra to pull on? If it is just the pull you can make all kinds of things work. I made mine out of a section of tubular nylon webbing. If the slider itself broke you can replace it, but it's a pain if you don't know what your doing.

zipper7.jpg

I take the fob style & the key chain type off.
I use small zip ties & make the loop as long or short as necessary.

Go to an automotive store and pick up a pack of colored zip ties, slide one end through your zipper, connect to the other end of the zip tie and cut to lenght. Cheap and easy !!!

Churchkey beat me to it and in fact I like his ideal better.

Churchkey
Rookie

Group: Members
naples fl
Posted on: Nov. 13 2006,23:44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take the fob style & the key chain type off.
I use small zip ties & make the loop as long or short as necessary. [/Quote]

I do appreciate the effort, but none of those sites have anything that I would attach to my alpinestars leather jacket.
I don't want it to look ghetto with neon zip ties or huge chrome rings (70's). I just want an oversized black plastic or rubber pull.
The jacket has 5 zippers, I only need 2 pulls. If I did them all with zip ties or rings, I would look like a Christmas tree.
ices_rofl.gif

perhaps you need to email alpinestars and inform them of their crappy zipper pulls and request replacements?
My AGV and Vanson jackets al have pull plenty long and sturdy enough to have never had one "break / tear/ or get lost".

Personally those rings wouldn't be half bad on jacket pockets...those are always the ones that are tough for me to get open while riding....hmm

But there was one that was clear plastic...I think it was the first link... you get get 3 of them for 14.00 .........might be worth a try.
unless clear is ghetto? I dunno.

Check out REI.

How many do you need? I think I have a few left. I'll gladly put a couple in the mail.

Back