Zamp helmets - dual visors = cool!!!

thebbbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Was at my local bike shop today and came across these nice looking helmets.  Check out the built-in sunglasses....and they are DOT certified.  Anybody heard of these or tried them?  The affordable price will probably scare most of you away with the what's your head worth yada yada yada.  I'm talking features here...It meets DOT standards and has neat stuff.

DOT Certified
Modular (Flip up)
Integrated sunglass visor

Zamp Racing

fl20sil-w-shield.jpg

Looks like the flight helmet we used to use, is it SNELL as wel as DOT?

(Gunnybusa @ Apr. 16 2007,20:23) Looks like the flight helmet we used to use, is it SNELL as wel as DOT?
I only saw a DOT sticker on the back, so I am not sure about Snell.

never seen any modular helmet SNELL certified.
I have Nolan with the same tinted thingy and BMW guys use another one for ages (I don`t remember the name).

if there was such a thing as a "generic" helmet ... this seems like one brand that I would add to the list.

this is at least the 3rd brand that has the built in sun shade ....

I am not trying to dismiss your post...just hard to accept new brands as "reliable" unless you have had, or a know a friend that has had the misfortune of "testing" a helmet.

Shoei / Arai / Suomy are the "big three" on my list of ones to be trusted.
...and I would NEVER EVER ride with a modular unit...it's one more potential point of failure.
beerchug.gif

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 17 2007,11:20) if there was such a thing as a "generic" helmet ... this seems like one brand that I would add to the list.

this is at least the 3rd brand that has the built in sun shade ....

I am not trying to dismiss your post...just hard to accept new brands as "reliable" unless you have had, or a know a friend that has had the misfortune of "testing" a helmet.

Shoei / Arai / Suomy are the "big three" on my list of ones to be trusted.
...and I would NEVER EVER ride with a modular unit...it's one more potential point of failure.
beerchug.gif
+ 1

Most helmets are manufactured in the same plant much like many other products. weather these are a seperate manufacturer or not, i don't know. But alot of the smaller named helmets are manufactured by larger names.

I've seen that same helmet on ebay under the brand name of VOX, I was curious about them too...

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Apr. 16 2007,21
zzwhip.gif
) never seen any modular helmet SNELL certified.
I have Nolan with the same tinted thingy and BMW guys use another one for ages (I don`t remember the name).
The Schuberth Concept and Concept 2 (both modular) are Snell and DOT certified. And, they have the built-in/drop down Sunshield

Schuberth, Nolan, Zamp, Caberg, BMW's, and soon to be Scorpion EXO 1000 have the internal shades, awesome feature that hopefully will be picked up by Shoei/Arai/Suomy/AGV. I am waiting for the EXO1000 from Scorpion, just to check out the inflatable cheek pads
smile.gif

Not bad , I have been riding with flip ups for about 8 years now and they are great. But I've never heard of that brand.

I'm trying out a silver one. Price was 99.99 delivered (in two days) and its lighter then my HJC CL14 or my Scorpion EXO700. All vents are screened and the chinbar release button is centered on the (inside) of the chinbar makeing accidental opening hard to accomplish. Will try it out this weekend unless it rains again. Got rained on last weekend for 200 miles so I'm staying in if it rains this weekend. Seems very well made and is quite comfy and easy to use. One touch puts the shade down and one touch pulls it back up. Mine is badged as a Vox. Got it from Sterling but they're on ebay and Amazon.

http://sterlingtek.stores.yahoo.net/voxfufaflupm.html

(Shanling @ Apr. 17 2007,15:06) I have the Caburg and love it!
Does it have plastic or metal hinges?  Cost about three times the Vox?  I'm looking forward to the convenience.  I not only wear glasses, I smoke.  On a short stop I can take on water w/o helmet removal or glasses.  Gassing up in the heat should be better too.  Its the little things...
laugh.gif
  If its as aero and quiet, at least as much as my CL14 and EXO700, I'll be happy.

Back