Yup it was a bad idea.

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
Well to start off I hope everyone had a good Christmas. But to get right to it. Saturday morning I woke up to rain and so I checked the weather and saw that it was going to be a good day to ride (mid 60'). So I head up to work ,where I keep my bike, And geared up for a short ride. I pulled out at around 12:00 and headed north out of Fort Worth. I went up to Azle then to Weatherford and then down to Granbury. Then I headed down to Glen Rose decided to go alittle further and ended up in Hico, not satisfied yet I headed further south to Hamilton and then to Lampassas, Tx. Then my butt started to get alittle sore so I thought I should start heading back to the casa soon. I ended up taking hwy36 west to Gatesville and then somehow ended up going through Crawford, Tx . The President wasnt home. And then found my way to Waco. Then headed back up north via I-35 for the 2hr ride back to the shop. Fun stuff for a few hundred miles. I was going to drop in on Bluehaya for food but thought that might be rude to do out of nowhere.

So Sunday I wake up sore as a ..... Yeah one of those. And around 1:00 I got a txt to go riding so I drive the 25 miles to work and gear up and head out to North Richland Hills to meet up with a buddy. So we find each other and stop to top off the tanks and We call another guy to go hit the twisties with us on a few of our secret roads. So after we waited about an hour for the other guy to get there I decided that I wanted to go on another long ride. Only problem was that I wanted to drag my buddies along with me. I conviced them that Galveston was the ticket for the day. I havent been to the coast in a few months so why not, and the second guy had never been on a longer trip, that was going to be fun. We head out from North Fort Worth and hit 820, then 287 then I-45 south bound. The day was nice to start out at around 55 degrees and no wind. We were keeping a good pace of having to stop every 50 miles so that the guy that has never been on a long trip before can stop at every gas station to buy something he thinks he needs. We get about 200 miles into the trek and the sun is starting to set and then the clouds are starting to blanket the horizion. And then it happened. The girls (and by girls I mean the guys) get cold. We make it just south of Madisionville about 90 miles north of Houston and they want to turnaround. Its only 150 miles to the coast from there. So we turn around on this dirty little road in the middle of nowhere and start to head back to Madisionville to find some food. We get back into town and they head right for the Walmart. We spend 30 minutes in Walmart while their buying everything warm they can put on. We go to the Taco Bell and eat that horrible food I wouldnt feed my dogs and then head back North. The whole time were freezing our Azz's off. So we start to draft the semi's to try and stay warm. Then we get the bright idea to just go for it and hurry back. So were doing a buck thirty into a ten knot head wind losing the feeling in our fingers and toes. All said and done the trip was awsome but I dont think my buddies will be following me on anymore trips again anytime soon. Oh and when we got back we decided we should have just gone to Winstar instead. Oh well fun times.

And I spent less than 50 bucks for premium gas the whole weekend. Oh and I need to lube the chain. Whats the best brand to use for that?:whistle::moon:

Last edited:
Sounds like some fun :laugh:

The only problem with long unplanned trips is the chance for changing weather conditions. I can recall a few bad ones as well :beerchug:

Sounds like my kind of fun. A few of my friend joke saying "Come on, it's only 400 miles" when I talk about going for a day ride. :whistle:

I forgot my camera both trips.
do it again and you wont need chainlube... I have also given up on chainwax.. after some rather quick sprocket wear issues, I have gone back to PJ1. Grew up on the stuff and like that it is a bit "wet" over the ultra dry chainwax

Going into town and back is just a "Quick Trip."

Up to 200 miles is a "Short Ride."

Any ride over 200 miles but requiring at least one food stop is a "Good Ride."

Any ride lasting from before sunrise to after sunset and requiring a coffee stop and two or more food stops but no other stops except for gas and cigarettes is a "Long Ride."

:D :D

--Wag--

The next time you wanna make a Galveston run, let me know. I haven't been there in a while. I've got a Rostra cruise control I need to install and that would be a good test run.

The next time you wanna make a Galveston run, let me know. I haven't been there in a while. I've got a Rostra cruise control I need to install and that would be a good test run.

What are you doing next weekend?:whistle:

I will remember the camera next time and the laptop to do instant uploads to the org.

All you guys need to do is come to Austin I take you for a nice twistie ride Dan you can break that 600 in finally :whistle:

600? Ouch that stung alittle. Ill have to raise her back up alittle for the twisties.

Dan has an R6 that he bought a while back when he was getting the new skins for the Busa. Raise her back up and come on maybe I can get MPH200 to come out and play as well nothing like some twisties to bright up the day :whistle:

The busa has been down since October 4th and I have no idea when I'm putting her back together. I've been waiting on UPS for the last 2 months now to figure out what is going on. Then I will need to ship the skins back to Revolution and have them fixed.

Let me see if HRH has any plans. I know that she will NOT two up on the R6 so it my be trailer down or she follows in the bimmer.

Last edited:
Dan has an R6 that he bought a while back when he was getting the new skins for the Busa. Raise her back up and come on maybe I can get MPH200 to come out and play as well nothing like some twisties to bright up the day :whistle:

I would be game for that - Ya'll come on down. :beerchug:

Well to start off I hope everyone had a good Christmas. But to get right to it. Saturday morning I woke up to rain and so I checked the weather and saw that it was going to be a good day to ride (mid 60'). So I head up to work ,where I keep my bike, And geared up for a short ride. I pulled out at around 12:00 and headed north out of Fort Worth. I went up to Azle then to Weatherford and then down to Granbury. Then I headed down to Glen Rose decided to go alittle further and ended up in Hico, not satisfied yet I headed further south to Hamilton and then to Lampassas, Tx. Then my butt started to get alittle sore so I thought I should start heading back to the casa soon. I ended up taking hwy36 west to Gatesville and then somehow ended up going through Crawford, Tx . The President wasnt home. And then found my way to Waco. Then headed back up north via I-35 for the 2hr ride back to the shop. Fun stuff for a few hundred miles. I was going to drop in on Bluehaya for food but thought that might be rude to do out of nowhere.

So Sunday I wake up sore as a ..... Yeah one of those. And around 1:00 I got a txt to go riding so I drive the 25 miles to work and gear up and head out to North Richland Hills to meet up with a buddy. So we find each other and stop to top off the tanks and We call another guy to go hit the twisties with us on a few of our secret roads. So after we waited about an hour for the other guy to get there I decided that I wanted to go on another long ride. Only problem was that I wanted to drag my buddies along with me. I conviced them that Galveston was the ticket for the day. I havent been to the coast in a few months so why not, and the second guy had never been on a longer trip, that was going to be fun. We head out from North Fort Worth and hit 820, then 287 then I-45 south bound. The day was nice to start out at around 55 degrees and no wind. We were keeping a good pace of having to stop every 50 miles so that the guy that has never been on a long trip before can stop at every gas station to buy something he thinks he needs. We get about 200 miles into the trek and the sun is starting to set and then the clouds are starting to blanket the horizion. And then it happened. The girls (and by girls I mean the guys) get cold. We make it just south of Madisionville about 90 miles north of Houston and they want to turnaround. Its only 150 miles to the coast from there. So we turn around on this dirty little road in the middle of nowhere and start to head back to Madisionville to find some food. We get back into town and they head right for the Walmart. We spend 30 minutes in Walmart while their buying everything warm they can put on. We go to the Taco Bell and eat that horrible food I wouldnt feed my dogs and then head back North. The whole time were freezing our Azz's off. So we start to draft the semi's to try and stay warm. Then we get the bright idea to just go for it and hurry back. So were doing a buck thirty into a ten knot head wind losing the feeling in our fingers and toes. All said and done the trip was awsome but I dont think my buddies will be following me on anymore trips again anytime soon. Oh and when we got back we decided we should have just gone to Winstar instead. Oh well fun times.

And I spent less than 50 bucks for premium gas the whole weekend. Oh and I need to lube the chain. Whats the best brand to use for that?:whistle::moon:

good thing you went back and did not make it to houston going to galveston, it rained all day and cold and windy!:banghead:
i was looking forward to ride sunday but the weather forecast came up wrong as always. i end up cleaning my garage, cooked and stayed on internet for couple of hours.:laugh:
...and today i am at work all day and weather is perfect sunny and high 60's:banghead::banghead:

good thing you went back and did not make it to houston going to galveston, it rained all day and cold and windy!:banghead:
i was looking forward to ride sunday but the weather forecast came up wrong as always. i end up cleaning my garage, cooked and stayed on internet for couple of hours.:laugh:
...and today i am at work all day and weather is perfect sunny and high 60's:banghead::banghead:

Thats Texas. If you dont like the weather give it an hour.

Back