Your views on the Alpinestar bionic shorts

Matte_Black

Registered
Does any member have or had a Bionic freeride short from Alpine star? Thinking of getting a pair it looks more protective than the one from icon. let me know what you think please and thank you

alpinestars_Bionic_Freeride_Short_LG.jpg

I would buy full pants for protective gear. If you wear shorts, you still need knee pads. Road rash on your knees take a long time to heal up. I don't like wearing protective pants. I'll have my Thor pants on if I'm riding long distance or in the mountains. The Thor pants I have are for dirt biking. I wear jeans or leggings under them because the seams inside are rough.

I searched for the shorts on Dennis Kirk. They're $89.95.
https://www.denniskirk.com/alpinestars/bionic-freeride-shorts.p3415599.prd/3415599L.sku

Post a review of your protective gear, if you decide to buy the Alpinestars shorts or pants.

Just picked up a pair of the Bionic freeride shorts so did two of my friends, fits well but I noticed that the upper side padding and tail bone protector moved downward when I sat on the bike so I went to the next size up and it was wider but a little taller at the waist. I'll let you know how it goes. Good protective short and with my Icon knee pads and sartso killer jeans i feel more protected from impact and abrasion.

Those look they'd be kinda uncomfortable on the rides that I do, i wear full Icon jacket and pants, they give awesome protection and are comfortable too. Those would probably be good for racing but not on my 10 hour rides every weekend

Those would probably be good for racing but not on my 10 hour rides every weekend
lol.... there not designed for 10 hr rides. and who does 10 hr rides unless ur traveling cross country?:whistle: there designed to hit the streets for the day and give u protection. 10 hr rides are for Goldwings anyway.....:rofl:

Back