Your input is needed

NICKxNOBLE

Registered
Night before last, i put my engine back together. (everything went together good). Last night i put the engine on the bike, when i was installing the front sprocket i put the bike in first to hold the sprocket from turning but it still turned (it had more resistance than neutral though). Had to put the chain on and hold the back brake to tighten the sprocket. All i have left to do is put some oil and coolant in it and its ready to start. Dont want to start it until i find out whats causing this. I dont think its normal, i think i would have noticed this before. Any ideas (thanks for your input)

doesnt seem like it should turn to me....unless clutch is in ...or stuck in.....i mean you can make it turn like when push starting....so i guess question is how much pressure did it take to turn it?

Just the clutch is slipping, can tun the back tire by hand while in gear. Last night i pulled the clutch back apart, re soaked the clutches, and made sure i put it back together correct. When i put it back together i put oil in the bike and it had more resistance but still turned. I started the bike in neutral and let it warm up, cut the bike off and put it in gear and pushed it, it had more resistance but still no where near stopping me. I started the bike up and put it in gear and released the clutch, i didnt try to grab at all. Once the bike warmed up, i reved the engine to about 7k, now its making a whineing noise like its supercharged. When you rev it it gets louder. This is mind boggeling

Problem fixed, i didn't soak the clutches in oil long enough. Apperently they dried out sitting on my counter and needed to be soaked over night.

Any idea's about why it sounds supercharged? Havent started it since the clutch issues was resolved. I will probably start tonight, i have my bike on a table (not a lift) so its agrivating to take out side to start. What is your best idea on the whining noise that gets louder with the rpm's

The washer is behind the basket and i don't have a impact, i just held the back brake and got it as tight as i could with a socket and long ratchet. It does sound like a gear meashing issue, i made a 1st and 2nd gear test hit last night and it felt strong as ever. The noise sounded just like a supercharger. Should i be worried about this, do i need to tear the engine back down, i currently have plans on going back into the engine around march to make more power. Going to change the oil and filter tonight and see what that looks like.

You do also know these clutch hub nuts are one time use ? I'm not sure on the Tq value since I dont have a manual at hand but I can say a similar motor
/design is 98 foot pounds . hard to achieve with a ratchet

Any idea's about why it sounds supercharged? Havent started it since the clutch issues was resolved. I will probably start tonight, i have my bike on a table (not a lift) so its agrivating to take out side to start. What is your best idea on the whining noise that gets louder with the rpm's
Air leak, around the throttle bodies?

I would be willing to bet you didn't set the counter balancer shaft correctly. I did the same thing when I had mine apart years ago. It is mounted on an offset ground shaft that you can set gear mesh.

Back