You'll never look at a copy machine the same way - info thieves gold mines

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Just saw this posted from a friend on Facebook and have to say, I'm pretty sure I knew they had hard drives but am shocked/alarmed/outraged a bit by the fact that it seems places are doing nothing to protect this section of their systems. I now know even more so why my network security buddy says "you want to attack a company/site's network, plug into the printer and have at it" :banghead:

trust a photo copier...You MUST watch this ( CBS Nightly News Broadcast) - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's why I keep the hard drive when the copier goes....(and burn it).

We used copiers against the Soviets in the cold war, a tiny camera took a picture every time it scanned a document. An agent dressed as the repair women would then get the microfilm during a "service" call. It took em awhile to figure out what we'd done. The only found the camera after they weighed the machine and found it was slightly heavier than the other machines they had. :laugh:

Yep, that's why I keep the hard drive when the copier goes....(and burn it).

Yep, I do pretty much the same here. I usually pull the hard drives, even from computers, and throw them in a bucket of Muratic Acid and let it eat it up pretty much up. Its pretty cheap to replace a hard drive now but not worth the risk of leaving it in.

That is going to be trouble for someone. Thanks for sharing, I will pass this on to some friends.

Back
Top Bottom