Yoshi TRS Tri-Ovals

det45

Registered
I just installed my Yoshimuras TRS Tri-Ovals on my Gen 2 Busa. They look great but they sound like the stock mufflers. Also I was surprised on how heavy the stock mufflers were when I removed them. Installation of the Yoshimuras was easy though. :thumbsup:

Is there a baffle to pull out? My Tri full had one and once that came out the sound is great!

whats the main dif between the r-77 and the trs? there is a nig price variance. i was told the more you drive, the louder they will get.

congrats! the stockers are heavy as ****, i was really suprised too. i wonder what the actual weight is?

I just installed my Yoshimuras TRS Tri-Ovals on my Gen 2 Busa. They look great but they sound like the stock mufflers. Also I was surprised on how heavy the stock mufflers were when I removed them. Installation of the Yoshimuras was easy though. :thumbsup:

Not sure how heavy the genII exhaust is but If I remember right the GenI is about 18lbs or so.

According to the instructions the Tri-Ovals can be made to be louder by removing the packing material. I received a special tool with the mufflers and a couple of extra rivits for the task. As of now the TRS Tri-Ovals sound exactly "in my opinion" like the stock mufflers. What's the big deal about the R77s? They cost more than the Tri-Ovals. ???

According to the instructions the Tri-Ovals can be made to be louder by removing the packing material. I received a special tool with the mufflers and a couple of extra rivits for the task. As of now the TRS Tri-Ovals sound exactly "in my opinion" like the stock mufflers. What's the big deal about the R77s? They cost more than the Tri-Ovals. ???

it is not for that task of removing the packing...

the "special tool" is a spring puller for the pre installed springs. the "extra rivits" are not extra, you are supposed to drill a hole in the collector, insert the rivit into that hole then place the clamp over that rivit and tighten it. This prevents the clamp from turning on the collector.

i did some research on the difference on the pipes, essentially the same.

the r-77 is just the newer version. the trs/trc have been around for a while where the r-77 are about 9 mos old. they are bigger and shaped differently and have the cf caps instead of the ss, but really about the same all around

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction Flash, could you expand a little more on that tool usage and how do I re-pack the mufflers and with what? Thanks.....det45:thumbsup:

Thanks for the correction slash, could you expand a little more on that tool usage and how do I re-pack the mufflers and with what? Thanks.....det45:thumbsup:

not sure what you are asking, what and why are you repacking the slip on's? the tool is to aid in stretching the spring that goes from the mid pipe to the can. chances are good that you will not need it.

if you wanted a louder bike you bought the wrong pipes to begin with and remember you are still running cats. you need to figure out the sound you want and then go from there.

if i were you i would leave the slip ons alone, they will get louder as they get used more. why buy an 800 dollar pipe then start fu**ing with it?

You are right slash, I was just wondering how it was done. I don't plan on messing with the pipes anytime soon, just installed them. Wish they were a little louder though. :thumbsup:

like i said before they aren't loud even with the baffles out they're quiet and according to the yoshi web site without the full sys the power gain is minimal to be honest i don't mind them being quiet it keeps 5/0 happy, it doesn't piss me off on a trip, they look good and save a heap of weight I think the cat converter is what robs you of sound and power and unless you change the header or run it without cans it won't matter too much what slip ons you run it will be pretty quiet having said that i haven't really heard 08's with any other type of slip on so i might be way off base i reckon given time you'll love them unless your a hp nut ( and soon enough i may be too! ) p.s PICS!!

I am having a problem with my digital camera, I'll post the pictures as soon as I can.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
not sure what you are asking, what and why are you repacking the slip on's? the tool is to aid in stretching the spring that goes from the mid pipe to the can. chances are good that you will not need it.

if you wanted a louder bike you bought the wrong pipes to begin with and remember you are still running cats. you need to figure out the sound you want and then go from there.

if i were you i would leave the slip ons alone, they will get louder as they get used more. why buy an 800 dollar pipe then start fu**ing with it?

Hey Flash, are you gonna make YOUR pipes louder??

:laugh:

I love Mine

BUSA.jpg

Back