yet another TRE question

BrutalBusa

Registered
Is there any advantage to using a TRE with a stock ECU, or any disadvantages? A friend let me use his for awhile today and i liked the difference it made, but i'm not sure what long term effects it may have with a stock ECU. I've heard you should Re-Map your fuel/air ratios. Thanks....Dan

...there is no negetive long term issue if you use the TRE with your Stock ECU. If you like your bikes performance with the TRE on... then go for it!!

My bike dynos at an extra 87hp with my new mega TRE installed......
tounge.gif

For real though, you will see some seat of the pants HP with this mod and it has no long term effects on the ECU since it only makes the bike think it is in 5th gear all the time. Dont bother to re-map your bike if this is the only mod you have changed.

87 extra horsepower? from just a TRE? That seems like an awful lot of power. If thats the case i won't bother with a turbo, just add the TRE
smile.gif
Happy Trails, Dan

Timing Retard Eliminator. It tells the computer your bike is in 5th Gear all the time........allowing your engine full advance ignition timing in the lower gears as well as stopping the computer from limiting your RPM's to 10,200 in high gear.

Timing Retard Eliminator. It tells the computer your bike is in 5th Gear all the time........allowing your engine full advance ignition timing in the lower gears as well as stopping the computer from limiting your RPM's to 10,200 in high gear.
he was being sarcastic

Don't worry about it, BB! Hang around this board for a while and you'll start to realize whose joshing you.

I have four TRE's wired in series - I am running like 2.1 gigawatts at the rear wheel!

Back