yet another tranny problem

bewsa

Registered
tranny seems to be slipping outta gear when i hit it hard in second gear. it doesnt go into neutral but i can feel it jerk at about 8k.

now 2 questions, whats the average cost for a shop to change the shift forks if it is that or how much for uncut. second is i only bought the bike less then 4 months ago but have 8500 miles. what exactly does warranty cover? everything or would i have to pay for labor or something. (ill call tomorrow but was just curious)

this is really starting to worry me. i only work part time while i go to school so money is a big part in this. any help is appreciated. thanks guys.

First, was the bike new when you bought it?..Now i used to do this all the time in the past....Speed shift @ redline...Never letting off the the throttle...Just bang the next gear using the clutch...Waaa
iieeeya Waaaaa..Lesser bikes than the Busa could handle this..ex. GPZ900 Ninja, 88 Gsxr1100, 89 FZR600, Concours 1000.....no problem..I think the Busa makes to much torque to do this.....
deliberate shifts.....backing off the throttle too when going thru the gears...or gear damage may occur..Warranty should fix it for free but the dealer may slap you on the wrist...Let us know your
riding style..a fluke or is it you that caused it..sucks if it jumps out of gear...always means metal flakes in your oil...Very bad...
rock.gif

Slipping outta gear like that is bad engagement dogs...usually means gearsets have to be replaced....expensive parts and labor. Thats usually the number one prob on used bikes...tranny trubs. Most guys just don't seem to understand you have to finesse bike trannies a little if you want them to shift and last. Second gear is almost ALWAYS the first gear to go since you have to travel the little bit of extra distance through neutral. When guys miss a shift they just bang it on up anyways...neutral to second at high revs=tranny damage eventually.....

yea i bought it brand new. my riding style isnt over aggressive. i ocassionally get on it.i was just reading over all the other post with the same problem. this sucks.
sad.gif

just talked to my friend with another 04, he only has 3000 miles on his and his does the same exact thing. anyone else having this problem with the 04? i know somepeople have reported it with previous years.

Back