Yellow Box

Jack,
Same happened to me last year and at some point in time I was feeling miserable about this too, but I got the part in the end so for me it all ended well.
But they could definitely improve on their communication!

Animal,
Just hope I don't get the part where I get it in the end !! Jack.

KA, mine was normal retail, although by now I'm getting the impression that the word "normal" might be an understatement?

Animal have others had the same creaping odometer problem or is this unique to your unit.

I am looking for some suitable female adapters on the 1/2 cowl, I am looking for something suitable like a "Wellnut", two part epoxy or even a strong pure silicone would work to secure the "wellnuts"....

How does this sound to you as an quick and available solution. I will not hear back from Japan till sunday pm (US eastern time).

No, I'm the only one so far it seems.

JeffW even tried to help by trying to emulate what I think is happening on mine but good-for-him/bad-for-me it didn't happen.

on saturday, johnny cheese installed the replacement recalibrator that the autotrans company sent him for my honda vfr800 (the first unit was defunct, although we can't say why). as far as i can tell, the unit appears to be working as advertised--my speedometer readings are more consistent with traffic speed, but i haven't rechecked my odometers against the interstate mile markers. i set the unit's dip switch at 94%, since my odometers read between five and six percent "fast" when i originally checked them. look for his comments regarding installation which should be posted soon. the recalibrator sells for $150 usd, which is more expensive than the $90 for a yellow box, but at least i got something for my money. when i opened the invoice on the original unit, i found i had been hit with a $27.50 charge for 3-day u.p.s. shipping that i didn't request. they may have to send them that way because they're in canada, i don't know. fwiw, they also shipped the replacement unit that way, at their expense.

Latest up-date: Last e-mail I got from Roman said my box was shipped on 4/11/00 and I should have it in hand. As of yesterdays mail, no box. Ordered 1/7/00. Have quit looking for Yellow box to come in and looking into getting my money back. If I had been told from start it would be over 100 day wait, I may feel different. Jack

this'll probably be my last post on the subject. on saturday, i compared my vfr's odometers's readings against the interstate mile markers and found that with the recalibrator switches set for 94%, the odometers are less than 50 yards off.

I hope everyone has their Yellow Boxes by now? We have been real quick with shipment for quite a while now.

Email me if anyone has questions regarding fitment or calibration of the Yellow Box. Thanks to the people who defended the product!

I do have my email address switched on in my profile but it comes up as not available!
Assuming the server is at fault?

you can write to me at:
fastvid@ezy.net.au

Hi Roman,

The thing with the E-mail address on this board is that the field "emailaddy" in the profile is not visible to others, but if you enter your address in one of the other fields like me and some others have done it does become visible for all!

Any luck in simulating/duplicating that weird behaviour that I noticed with my YB?
Think that it's only easily duplicated if you have the Busa on centerstand or at least stand that lifts rearwheel of the ground and that way the rotating speed of the rear wheel can be high enough in the last instant before it stops, to lead to that behaviour.
Just a tip after thinking over why another boardmember couldn't duplicate this behaviour on the street and I can easily reproduce it any time on the centerstand (my Busa still not ridable, waiting for 1 last part this week before I can finally RIDE it again!).

Back