Yamaha dealer shuts down

F=MA

Donating Member
Registered
Another victim of the economy. I dropped in a local Yamaha dealer near my home with the intent to look for cold weather gear so I could ride my new busa, and was surprised to see instead of the hundred bikes they had on the floor just six weeks ago, there was a "Going Out of Business" sign on the door...and just five or six motorcycles left inside.

I guess I shouldn't be completely surprised, as bad as the economy has been in general. Still sad though. They didn't have any gear I was looking for, but I did pick up a HJC helmet to use until my Shoei arrives Monday. I got a 30% "going out of business" discount, but I'd have much preferred to pay full price and see the dealer stay in business.

Tough times ahead. Hope everyone is prepared.

Sad indeed. I also try to support my local shop so they can weather the economic hardship. Only so much one person can do though.

My dealer shut down here also been getting my OEM parts from M&R Cycles.

The future looks very dark wouldn't feel so bad if someone at least had a good plan to fix so far the best plan I have heard hasn't even thought of as an option.... Bail out the citizens instead of the Banks & business in the end the economy will be better for it.:beerchug:
But NNNOoooo 700 billion over there for banks, Billions to auto industry 1.3 trillion over there and in the end the public is still broke. Who gives a crap if the auto companies have money no one has money to buy a car:rofl: Sorry ranting again just mad cause I can't get a piece of the pie and the big wigs still getting there million dollar salaries with my money......pisses me off just got a 4% wage reduction

That's why I ALWAYS support my local Dealer, unless he can't get what I need . Better to have someone close you know, than someone on the other end of a phone or internet who couldn't care LESS :whistle:

I knew something was up when my Sales Guy (And Friend) called me up the other day and asked me if I was interested in that Black and Orange ZX-14 that I almost bought. He Said he would drop the Price drastically but Only For Me :whistle:

The future looks very dark wouldn't feel so bad if someone at least had a good plan to fix so far the best plan I have heard hasn't even thought of as an option.... Bail out the citizens instead of the Banks & business in the end the economy will be better for it.:beerchug:
But NNNOoooo 700 billion over there for banks, Billions to auto industry 1.3 trillion over there and in the end the public is still broke. Who gives a crap if the auto companies have money no one has money to buy a car:rofl: Sorry ranting again just mad cause I can't get a piece of the pie and the big wigs still getting there million dollar salaries with my money......pisses me off just got a 4% wage reduction

+1,000,000 :thumbsup:

just imagine how the economy would turn if every household/family got a stimulus check for about $100 grand... that would start some serious consumer spending. I guarantee you I can take better care of the "bail out" money than the morons that have been selling us out for the last 20 years.

So the car manufacturing companies shut down then there are 1000's of MORE citizens without jobs and with no money!

So the car manufacturing companies shut down then there are 1000's of MORE citizens without jobs and with no money!

So how much longer you think they gonna keep their jobs if they making a product that doesn't sell? There will be lay-offs still. Maybe a little postponed is all.

Houses are foreclosing left and right everywhere. WE bailing out banks to cover the loss on the mortgages and they still get to keep the houses to sell off.

Well prob get a stimulus check that only covers a car payment,or house bill for a month(not mortgage).

It's a shame the ones getting bailed out are the ones on the top of the pile.

The problem is we the citizens need bailed out so we can buy and sell. If we can buy it, then they need someone who can make it. Unfortunately it's not that simple.

RIP--for your dealer. For most of us, bikes, snomobiles, wave runners, etc are toys--and in a bad economy--the toys are OUT! Dispite what many of us (me included) say about our local dealers--we need them as much as they need us. Hope mine stays in business!

There are soooooo many "going out of business" banners all over.

Support small business. Regardless of where they're located. I'll be that most if not all of our sponsers are small businesses who need more support than these big corporations because the goverment isn't going to bail them out. Buying online from MR Cycles is just as good as buying from your local dealer.

I wonder what would happen if a group of small businesses were to join together and ask for a bailout? Seems only fair to me. Small businesses are what made this country to start with. We need more "mom-and-pop" stores around. They actually stood behind thier products and services!

Regarding automakers, I find it ironic that these companies who supported the war effort heroically during WWII were made a political spectical of when they went to congress to ask for $15 billion in help....at the same time we're spending nearly that same amount PER MONTH in Iraq. Certainly the U.S. automakers haven't done a stellar job producing competitive products in the past, but they have improved somewhat recently.

Not a jab at our troops at all (my brother was one until injuries suffered in the Iraq fiasco ended his military career), but rather directed towards the idiot in chief who rushed us into this mess while fabricating, or at best misinterpreting, the justification for it. Our troops, and taxpayers, deserve better.

Again, I hope everyone is prepared for the short term because the impact from events in September have yet to trickle down to most of us average Joe's.

I even heard the **** industry is asking for a 5 Billion dollar bailout. Magazines like Hustler and playboy have really taken a beating with all the free **** you can get over the internet.

The local bike dealerships seem to be doing well enough around here, but they are large and well established.
The little service/parts shop up the road from me is doing quite well too. He has little to no overhead and in the usual bad economy mode, fixing bikes is a more lucrative thing than selling new ones.
Fingers crossed, hope for the best.

well if they took that 1.3 trillon and gave every human in the us citizen or not they would all recieve 4300.00. The average household debt is 18,654.00. And that is not including morgages. So even if they gave the population that money I doubt that they would use it towards their personal debt which in return would help the economy so best bet is to just wait and see what happens. It will just be a matter of time before banks start to go under so hang on to cash as much as possible. Its like that small branch that shut down in california took up 10% of the fdic reserve. That is a huge number for such a small bank. Just wait the worst is yet to come.???

Hate to be a downer here, but if every citizen were to receive any amount of money, the cost of everything would go up. Flood an economy with extra cash and the value of that cash goes down. Means it takes more of that cash to buy anything.

The bailouts are a joke. They should have let the car companies go bankrupt. Inept management would be removed, new management would buy at a discount and rebuild. It's happened many times before in other industries.

Yeah, it sux for the workers but that's a whole nother conversation.

And they can't even track where the first $350 billion of the $700 billion was "spent." You've got to be kidding me.

And you want to "help" the auto industry? Give everyone who wants to buy an American automobile a $5 or $10 or $15 thousand "discount coupon" if they buy one. Then the market will decide if they should survive.

well if they took that 1.3 trillon and gave every human in the us citizen or not they would all recieve 4300.00. The average household debt is 18,654.00. And that is not including morgages. So even if they gave the population that money I doubt that they would use it towards their personal debt which in return would help the economy so best bet is to just wait and see what happens. It will just be a matter of time before banks start to go under so hang on to cash as much as possible. Its like that small branch that shut down in california took up 10% of the fdic reserve. That is a huge number for such a small bank. Just wait the worst is yet to come.???

A friend and I bounced some numbers around and we figured out of the 300 + million people in the country only 150 million worked and out of a Trillion dollars the average household would get like $6,666.00. So what is a $750 Billion dollar stimulus plan going to do for the country? It would give each household around $5000.00. How is that going to jump start the economy?

Someone stated earlier that bailing out the auto industry was a joke and it is. Your still left with the same problem in the end, people are not buying cars and large luxury items. I got a $5000.00 check in the mail now I'm going right out and buying this new $40k vehicle ....NO!

The only thing that's going to stimulate the economy is jobs. I might get flamed here but I think it's time to legalize Mary Jane. Take the money out of the pockets of the cartels and put it to good use here.

Back