Y'all right again

slpstream

Registered
When I was pokin through some old posts I found from like 2 years ago that said throttle wheelies came easy, well I found out for myself(couldn't help it).
 Just like I read it, load the front, crack the throttle and up she came smooth as butter, what a rush you can almost feel the blood rush to the back of head, wheeeee!! I couldn't stop gigglin' like a school girl, just finished breaking her in so I had to give it a go, what a naughty bike this is, took 10 years off myself, I feel young again, maybe alittle mid life thing going on, but it sure is fun.My kids think I'm nuts but I think they like it! Exciting!

<!--EDIT|slpstream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120392356 -->

It is a rush isn't it?

My wife jokes about the mid-life crisis thing too:p

Welcome to the madness!!!

Throttle wheelie on HWY 30
smile.gif

When I was pokin through some old posts I found from like 2 years ago that said throttle wheelies came easy, well I found out for myself(couldn't help it).
Just like I read it, load the front, crack the throttle and up she came smooth as butter, what a rush you can almost feel the blood rush to the back of head, wheeeee!! I couldn't stop gigglin' like a school girl, just finished breaking her in so I had to give it a go, what a naughty bike this is, took 10 years off myself, I feel young again, maybe alittle mid life thing going on, but it sure is fun.My kids think I'm nuts but I think they like it! Exciting!
But no doubt proud as punch of their old man..Welcome on board

Thanx for the welcome,I watched that vid  after I did it,so I know the feeling too cool. Used to have fiddle with the clutch in old days,(back in the 80s) Thank the maker for techno fun!

<!--EDIT|slpstream
Reason for Edit: "add photo"|1120400555 -->

what gear are you doing em in? 1st, or 2nd? What speed are you loading the frontend to and than cracking the throttle? I havent done one yet, and a little scared to being the first time, so any input would help. Also, are you sitting forward on the tank, or are you leaning back a bit in the seat?
blush.gif

what gear are you doing em in? 1st, or 2nd? What speed are you loading the frontend to and than cracking the throttle? I havent done one yet, and a little scared to being the first time, so any input would help. Also, are you sitting forward on the tank, or are you leaning back a bit in the seat?
blush.gif
I'm in the same boat. Didn't even think it was possible with the stock bike. Any info would be appreciated.

how do you load the frontend ?? Are you doing a quick front braking, and then poppin the throttle on the rebound??

blush.gif
I'm in the same boat. Didn't even think it was possible with the stock bike. Any info would be appreciated.

how do you load the frontend ?? Are you doing a quick front braking, and then poppin the throttle on the rebound??
I am certianly no expert and still learning but in Second at 4-5k POP the throttle all the way (don't roll it). It works for me everytime.

2nd gear, about 4k rather quickly, let off(2loadfront) and grab a handful like fooseball but don't hold it too long or she'll keep going up, the first 1 I only held for a coupla seconds, kinda gave me the jitters at first. not used to the feeling as of yet.(been on harleys for awhile. this is too much fun!
face7.gif
Oh I was sitting in the middlenot too forward not all the way back, just sorta casual, almost didn't expect it.

<!--EDIT|slpstream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120530196 -->

interesting a month ago i posted about a clutchless wheelie yes im guilty was a little excited at the time and called it 12 o clock with a later post correcting this mistake and my post was called BS basicly calling me a liar which did hurt my feelings a bit . none the less i did correct my exageration about it being 12 oclock ( first time up it felt like 12 oclock) my friend rideing with me called it that .
anyway to set the record straight my Busa will rare up without clutch FACT belive it or not .
wink.gif

interesting a month ago i posted about a clutchless wheelie yes im guilty was a little excited at the time and called it 12 o clock with a later post correcting this mistake and my post was called BS basicly calling me a liar which did hurt my feelings a bit . none the less i did correct my exageration about it being 12 oclock ( first time up it felt like 12 oclock) my friend rideing with me called it that .
anyway to set the record straight my Busa will rare up without clutch FACT belive it or not .
wink.gif
I remember that thread
laugh.gif

Anyways, I've been trying and have done it (not for long though). 1st gear, 5000 to 5500 RPM let off for about a second and hit it. If it didn't come up, try it again but hit it a little harder. Still didn't rise, try it again but hit A BIT harder than before. Keep this up, trust me, it will come up.

After watching Justin's video, I PM'd him and asked for some tips. He replied with some pretty detailed instructions. With his permission (hint, hint) I'd be more than happy to post it.

Great job on the wheelie and welcome to the world of the Busa, or you can say the addiction.
laugh.gif

wink.gif
Of course you can rollon one in first at around 5k this twist the throtle hard and fast and she comes up. I have only be able the get it up to 9:00 to 10:00 this was but it does it.

I can do the first gear wheelies with no clutch. But as far as second gear goes, I have to clutch it a little. Have been trying to shift into third when second winds out on a wheelie, but have had no luck so far.

Back