xmas tree lights during hard launches

pcs

Registered
during the last 1/2mi event i attended, i could not keep the abs, triangle, and hill light from coming on. during every launch prior to shifting into 2nd gear, the lights would come on and the engine felt like the ecu was backing power off. on the user settings, i shut off traction and lift control. on previous event ive attended no issues with the lights. one of the changes was i added an evil swing arm. if i shut the engine off then turn it on, all the lights go away. i can WOT the engine in any gear while rolling and no issue even with a little tire spin. only happens during a standing launch. any thoughts?

I had a customer ask me about bypassing the IMU on the bike, he seemed to think that his and another bike (drag bikes with nitrous) are getting limited throttle due to noisy acceleration signals from the IMU. Not really sure honestly, but anything is possible I suppose. Seems weird to me you are getting the ABS light, I do know some guys have got Hill Mode and ABS light when doing burnouts. Have you tried putting it in diagnostic mode when making a pass or right after before turning the key off to see what codes if any are present?

i havent tried pulling codes yet. this weekend ill try to replicate the issue and pull codes before shutting it off. i was thinking the IMU was the issue but not sure how to test it. i also have a free oil change coming up from the dealer so i ask if they can check for the issue as well.

i havent tried pulling codes yet. this weekend ill try to replicate the issue and pull codes before shutting it off. i was thinking the IMU was the issue but not sure how to test it. i also have a free oil change coming up from the dealer so i ask if they can check for the issue as well.

no easy way to know without logging CAN data to see what it looks like and if it coincides with the throttle reduction etc. The guy i mentioned
asked me to make him a delete box (would look same as my abs delete), but hasn't asked me to build it yet. I would just fake the CAN signals as if the bike were sitting straight up and down and no accel/decel signals besides resting at 0.

Sadly, stock ECU issues that don't seem to like doing drag race stuff with them.

What's Really Sad is how Suzuki has done nothing about any of the Gen3 issues, with the exception of a front MC recall, and there is a report here of a Gen3 losing brakes again after.
And All these problems from 2022 came right into 2023, and I have no reason to belive they did anything different with 2024 either.
It's a F'n disgrace!
Can't you still badly shame someone in Japanese culture?....somebody needs to pay a suprise visit to the azzholes at Suzuki corporate, and give them a due mouthful over the garbage they are producing, by the state of their 'flagship'.
If had a Gen3 would I want a Maxx ecu, Woolrich QS, Brembo MC, etc?
Sure! But I should have to spend thousands to build the bike I want, from a Good base...not replace all those things because they're junk from the factory.

What's Really Sad is how Suzuki has done nothing about any of the Gen3 issues, with the exception of a front MC recall, and there is a report here of a Gen3 losing brakes again after.
And All these problems from 2022 came right into 2023, and I have no reason to belive they did anything different with 2024 either.
It's a F'n disgrace!
Can't you still badly shame someone in Japanese culture?....somebody needs to pay a suprise visit to the azzholes at Suzuki corporate, and give them a due mouthful over the garbage they are producing, by the state of their 'flagship'.
If had a Gen3 would I want a Maxx ecu, Woolrich QS, Brembo MC, etc?
Sure! But I should have to spend thousands to build the bike I want, from a Good base...not replace all those things because they're junk from the factory.
I can guarantee they (Suzuki reps) have visited this site and monitored what has been asked for and said about the Gen 3....

.....and then ignored it.....

I can guarantee they (Suzuki reps) have visited this site and monitored what has been asked for and said about the Gen 3....

.....and then ignored it.....

Yep, as they are the same sorry azz people that work at the majority of companies anymore, and the same ones ruining them.
They'll get their paycheck, and just go somewhere else and do the same if you fire them.
The quality of the product or state of the company...lol.

no easy way to know without logging CAN data to see what it looks like and if it coincides with the throttle reduction etc. The guy i mentioned
asked me to make him a delete box (would look same as my abs delete), but hasn't asked me to build it yet. I would just fake the CAN signals as if the bike were sitting straight up and down and no accel/decel signals besides resting at 0.

Sadly, stock ECU issues that don't seem to like doing drag race stuff with them.
so i tried to replicate the issue again today and couldn’t. i tried a short burn out on concrete with some water and held the bike vertical with no leaning and no issue with lights. i the rode around for neighborhood trying various setting. i did get the TC light to flicker on this setting. it would sometimes flash momentarily when i would lean to make a left turn. it also flashed when i would lean to turn and pulled the clutch in and rev the engine while the bike was leaning. hook up a obd2 scanner and got no codes.

IMG_2481.jpeg

@smithabusa do you if they sensor has a spec for gap between itself and the tone ring? i traced the sensor line to the harness and did not see any breaks in the protective cover.

IMG_2487.jpeg

IMG_2488.jpeg

IMG_2489.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg

Back