Wrong way to clean chain - NWS

In 40+ years of lubing and cleaning chains have I ever used the motor to rotate the wheel. Just seemed like common sense to turn the wheel slowly by hand......

that is really rough. a good friend of mine received a similar injury cleaning grass form his running lawn mower. "didnt think" seems to be the commonality. it really could have been worse, and i hope that there was a lesson learned for this individual, as well as for all who have read this thread.

As attractive is it is with the motor running in gear...I have seen 1 to many of these pics to give it a shot.

The only other thing that comes to mind is starting a boat without running the blower motor. It takes a few extra minutes, but it it so worth it.

Pics like these are good to see at the begining of the season, I fell bad for the person that it happened to, but there lessons to be learned.

I wonder if he has Aflac? I think that would be about $5000 pay out from aflac. I know time are rough but damn there is other ways to get some money!!!!!!

I've cleaned mine many times in first, but always had that in the back of my mind...but sometimes laziness merges with "that'll never happen to me" syndrome and overrides common sense. rough way to break a bad habit

"now when you clip you finger nails it will take 20% less time" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Some people, he wanted no negativity so what he got is people laughhing at his expense scroll down and read some of the posts.

All I can say is WOW! some one drilling four holes into ECU I can chuckle an :poke:
fun at but not at this guy...seems wrong. That was a costly life lesson. It would never have even crossed my mind to do it that way.

Back