Wow

dudewizr

Registered
Maybe you saw my post on Chad Wheeler killed 8-01-05 as I pick up the papaer to read of his accident I see this. 1 dead and 1 in serious condition and neither wearing a helmet!

heres the story as in the Dispatch

Reynoldsburg Mayor Bob McPherson was injured Sunday afternoon when his motorcycle rear-ended a car on Rt. 40 near Mink Road.

McPherson, 60, was in serious condition yesterday afternoon at the Grant Medical Center intensive care unit.

The mayor hit his head but didn’t have any broken bones and is expected to make a full recovery, said Sharon Reichard, Reynoldsburg’s safety/service director.

McPherson was driving west on Rt. 40 when the car in front of him slowed to turn right into a private driveway at 2:40 p.m. Sunday, a State Highway Patrol spokeswoman said.

After hitting the car, McPherson was thrown from the motorcycle, Reichard said. The 2003 Harley-Davidson was totaled.

The West Licking Fire Department took McPherson to Grant Medical Center.

McPherson was cited for failing to keep an assured clear distance, the patrol said. He was not wearing a helmet, the patrol said.

Chap Springs, 15, the driver of the car, and his two passengers in the 1990 Dodge Shadow were not hurt.

McPherson is a motorcycle enthusiast who has his own business, Full House Custom Cycles. He recently moved the shop to Etna Township from Reynoldsburg.

McPherson has served 18 years as mayor and is in his fifth term. He had heart bypass surgery in 2004.

Not good indeed. he as the public image that can easily be tarnished regardless of the young driver, 15 years old. How fast was he going on his Harley?

i sent him an email through the city's website, pretty much letting him know he is a bad example to these young kids. i think i may have made a squid reference. who knows he'll probably never get it (the email).

Back