Wow, the fastest roads in America, and we have one.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Check it out, pulled from Yahoo.

Here are the 5 fastest roads in the United States where motorists are driving at full throttle:

5. Arizona State Route 77
Heading North out of Tucson up to the AZ-76/Redington Road interchange near San Manuel Airport
Average speed of fastest 5%: 81 mph
Top speed clocked by INRIX: 81 mph
Length of corridor: 4.8 miles

4. Eastbound MI-5 Michigan Highway
Heading into Detroit from the I-275/I-96 interchange to Telegraph Road
Top speed clocked by INRIX: 83 mph
Length of corridor: 4.9 miles

3. California State Route 73
In both directions between Moulton Parkway and Bear Street
Top speed clocked by INRIX: 85 mph
Length of corridor: 14.8 miles

2. Oklahoma State Highway 33
In both directions just Northwest of Oklahoma City
Average speed of fastest 5%: 83 mph
Top speed clocked by INRIX: 87 mph
Length of corridor: 24

1. Northbound Arizona State Route 79
Between Saguaro National Park and Phoenix
Average speed of fastest 5%: 88 mph
Top speed clocked by INRIX: 94 mph
Length of corridor: 17.6 miles

4. Eastbound MI-5 Michigan Highway
Heading into Detroit from the I-275/I-96 interchange to Telegraph Road
Top speed clocked by INRIX: 83 mph
Length of corridor: 4.9 miles

I can verify that this is not accurate, and if in the event it actually was, it would be beyond dangerous. Too many exits and entrances in that small strip.

To determine America’s fastest roads, INRIX first looked for stretches of roadway where motorists routinely floor it, then it found the speed range at which each roadway’s fastest 5% of drivers travel. INRIX multiplied that figure by the length of each road to decide the final ranking. The result is a list of roads where drivers put the pedal to the metal over fairly long distances. Inrix counts the same road separately in different travel directions.

INRIX drew information from its crowdsourced Smart Driver Network, which consists of anonymous GPS data points gathered from from 5 million drivers in consumer and commercial vehicles nationwide, from January through June 15.

Glad I don't have a GPS :whistle:

To determine America’s fastest roads, INRIX first looked for stretches of roadway where motorists routinely floor it, then it found the speed range at which each roadway’s fastest 5% of drivers travel. INRIX multiplied that figure by the length of each road to decide the final ranking. The result is a list of roads where drivers put the pedal to the metal over fairly long distances. Inrix counts the same road separately in different travel directions.

INRIX drew information from its crowdsourced Smart Driver Network, which consists of anonymous GPS data points gathered from from 5 million drivers in consumer and commercial vehicles nationwide, from January through June 15.

Glad I don't have a GPS :whistle:

What, you know big brother isnt really watching. :whistle:

What a proud moment. Makes me want to head up there and get that max speed raised some :laugh: People rush too much in their vehicles all over the place.

You know everytime I leave the house on the Busa I note black helicopters flying overhead :whistle:

#2 Oklahoma 33, I really doubt this. I travel this road alot. And with ALL the Golf Courses, HPD cars using it to cut across to NW or NE Okla City and ALL the Golf Traffic there is NO WAY cars can average 81 mph. :beerchug:

Now maybe Hwy 11 up north from Blackwell to Guymon (245 miles) well Yeah :cheerleader: UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :whistle: , just don't ask me how I know :laugh:

the fastest road in America is the one Acehole is on when a good song comes on his mp3...just try keeping up! :whistle:

:rofl:

Not to 1 up you... but we have 2 here in AZ on the list.. both of which aren't to far away from me. Way to go AZ.. now it just needs to cool off so I can enjoy a ride! :thumbsup:

Back